Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 1 year 2 months ago #73782

Hi all , I have a spare NIB Blitzer Beetle - I see many chase parts are the same and I would like to use that as the basis for a Bear Hawk build.

There are some obvious things which are different : Shocks , Wheels , Body ,C Parts , etc  -but in general am I correct in thinking the basic chassis is the same ?  I've checked the Bear Hawk instructions here, and I see many of the same parts in both RC chassis builds. 
 I have these parts already :
Bear Hawk Body Set
C Parts 
Spare
Blitzer beetle kit - for the chassis. 

​​​​​​​

Sorry if this is the incorrect place to ask this question - mods please move if the wrong place.  
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mirrorman.

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 1 year 2 months ago #73796

Yep the chassis is the same between the blitzer beetle, stadium blitzer and the bear hawk.rims are the same as the madcap but in white for the bear hawk.
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 1 year 2 months ago #73820

Yep the chassis is the same between the blitzer beetle, stadium blitzer and the bear hawk.rims are the same as the madcap but in white for the bear hawk.

Thanks stingray-63,

I assume the wheels and red friction dampers will be "fun" to find.  
So I'm thinking of using CVA dampers instead,  and some correct size wheels that will look good, if not the originals. 

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 1 year 2 months ago #73836

I puted avante shocks and egress rims ( 2wd ones) on mine.
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, mirrorman

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 7 months 3 weeks ago #75940

Yes, you are correct in thinking that the basic chassis of the Blitzer Beetle and the Bear Hawk are the same. The main differences between the two cars are the body, wheels, shocks, and C parts. The Bear Hawk has a wider body than the Blitzer Beetle, and it also uses different wheels and shocks. The C parts are also different, as the Bear Hawk has a different transmission than the Blitzer Beetle.If you have a spare NIB Blitzer Beetle, you can use it as the basis for a Bear Hawk build. You will need to purchase the Bear Hawk body, wheels, shocks, and C parts, but you will be able to use the chassis, motor, ESC, and radio from the Blitzer Beetle.Here is a list of the parts that you will need to purchase for a Bear Hawk build:
  • Bear Hawk Body Set
  • Bear Hawk Wheels
  • Bear Hawk Shocks
  • Bear Hawk C Parts
You can purchase these parts from a variety of online retailers. Once you have all of the parts, you can follow the instructions in the Bear Hawk manual to assemble your car.

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 7 months 3 weeks ago #75944

Yes, you are correct in thinking that the basic chassis of the Blitzer Beetle and the Bear Hawk are the same. The main differences between the two cars are the body, wheels, shocks, and C parts. The Bear Hawk has a wider body than the Blitzer Beetle, and it also uses different wheels and shocks. The C parts are also different, as the Bear Hawk has a different transmission than the Blitzer Beetle.If you have a spare NIB Blitzer Beetle, you can use it as the basis for a Bear Hawk build. You will need to purchase the Bear Hawk body, wheels, shocks, and C parts, but you will be able to use the chassis, motor, ESC, and radio from the Blitzer Beetle.Here is a list of the parts that you will need to purchase for a Bear Hawk build:
  • Bear Hawk Body Set
  • Bear Hawk Wheels
  • Bear Hawk Shocks
  • Bear Hawk C Parts
You can purchase these parts from a variety of online retailers. Once you have all of the parts, you can follow the instructions in the Bear Hawk manual to assemble your car.

Thanks Jannick, 

I already have a NIB body set - now to find the rest. 

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 7 months 3 weeks ago #75969

I had a BNIB old stock Bearhawk body with a BNIB Blitzer for the donor chassis. Used the Blitzer CVA shocks rather than try and source the friction red shocks of the Bearhawk; a better shock should I ever run the Hawk (highly unlikely 🤣). Was never a fan of the Dish wheels from the Hawk, so I settled on Fox wheels.
Selling the wheels, tyres, body and decals of the Blitzer paid for the wheels, tyres and Tamiya adjustable turnbuckles for the Hawk. Unfortunately,  it couldn't subsidise the cost of the Bearhawk body; the second mortgage on the house paid for that😂

EDIT: Forgot to mention all the bodymounts for the Bearhawk were on the Blitzer parts tree, but you probably know that anyway.

Attachments:

Last edit: by blahblahblah05. Reason: Additional Information omitted previously.

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 7 months 3 weeks ago #75971

I had a BNIB old stock Bearhawk body with a BNIB Blitzer for the donor chassis. Used the Blitzer CVA shocks rather than try and source the friction red shocks of the Bearhawk; a better shock should I ever run the Hawk (highly unlikely 🤣). Was never a fan of the Dish wheels from the Hawk, so I settled on Fox wheels.Selling the wheels, tyres, body and decals of the Blitzer paid for the wheels, tyres and Tamiya adjustable turnbuckles for the Hawk. Unfortunately,  it couldn't subsidise the cost of the Bearhawk body; the second mortgage on the house paid for that😂EDIT: Forgot to mention all the bodymounts for the Bearhawk were on the Blitzer parts tree, but you probably know that anyway.

Nice !! -I'm in the same situation . I have both NIB Bearhawk body set , and a spare NIB Blitzer Beatle  kit, so will probably follow a similar line to what you've done. Those gold Fox wheels look great with that blue body colour on the Bearhawk.  I'll try to  make your image easier to see - hope you don't mind.
Attachments:

Last edit: by mirrorman. Reason: forgot something ..

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 7 months 3 weeks ago #75972

Not at all on the image front; how did you go about this?

Blitzer Beetle to Bear Hawk - what's needed? 7 months 3 weeks ago #75978

Not at all on the image front; how did you go about this?

Once you have added the attachment, click the "Insert" button which adds the image into the message field. Once you have submitted the post you will see the image full size in your post ;) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.