Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12182

Your work with the decals is looking very impressive :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12190

well the good news is, i have a brand new set of the headlights, upainted. and i have both sides of the battery stops. what i'll do is ship you all the parts i have, and you can sort through them, and us what you can... Just PM me your address when you get a moment.

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12222

Thanks again LB :) :y:

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12223

Homemade decals:

:)
Attachments:

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12370

Started working on the body ...

Marking cutting lines:

... test fitting on a re-re chassis:

... & masking for the the black rollbars & wing mount area:

I would have preferred to spray it, but it was a choice between spending 20 GBP on new paint, or doing it for "free" with the brush paints I already had ... I guess I should have used the black as it was rather than thinning is down a bit ... I guess the pound shop masking tape wouldn't have helped either :pinch:

I did have the correct pink, but I already have a pink Frog, so decided I'd do this one green after all ... paint is 6 parts PC-1 White, 4 parts PC-6 Yellow & 4 parts PC-9 Green, which I reckon should be suitably froggy :)

Bleed cleaned up, peeled edges retouched, and masked up for the green:

... and the 1st coat of green on:

:)

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12382

More on the body:

2 coats of green, & masking removed ...

... and masked up for the white:

3 coats of white & masking removed:

Decals done, still need to sort out some lights :)

Attachments:

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12383

Scuffed bits:

... and after sanding - wheels will need painting, underguard will get polished later :)

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12384

WOW great work there JR! Impressive :)
Really if you ever find some time please do an article on how you make those decals!!
There just amazing and i hope to one day make my own so i don't have to wait all the time for some to come up on the bay :dry:

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12385

Really if you ever find some time please do an article on how you make those decals!!...

I just submitted a piece on the subject to Lars, it's 4th in the queue of my articles & TBH I don't know what else Lars has plans to publish, but I would guess it will appear in the last half of September :)

Re: 58041 Frog resto 11 years 7 months ago #12457

A tiny bit of progress on this one ... I found my spare headlights & stripped them along with the driver at the same time as doing the Fox bits, I've also filled the joints & sanded ready for priming:

Aluminium bits don't look too bad from a distance ...

... but are a bit corroded in closeup :(

Lots of sanding (with used 240, 400 and 1200 grit paper) later & they're ready for machine polishing...

Front axles after wire brushing ... I really question the wisdom/quality of Dremel wire brushes - even on the miniumum speed setting the brush was almost completely bald by the time I'd finished these two bits, and I had to go over my hands, arms & clothing with a magnet to pick up all the missing bristles :blink:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.