Keyword

TOPIC:

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 7 months ago #45863

:y: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 6 months ago #46291

More issues ... managed to drop the body while hanging it up to dry, not very far (about 200mm) but enough to re-break an existing crack & chip the paint :angry: I'm not going to strip it for a 3rd time, so glued the crack up & touched in with paint decanted from the aerosol ... result isn't that great, but I've had enough & I'm hoping I can hide it a bit more by putting the front sticker lower than it should be (looks rubbish over the screws anyway).

Attachments:

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 6 months ago #46292

It doesn't look so bad.

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 5 months ago #46308

Jonny man :( ,
That's a heart breaker, I was going to hit the "like" button on your post but I don't think that is right ..is there a "cry" button?
The touch up looks very good and I bet if you step back a metre or so it is almost gone. I like to sticker idea too.
Normal for me would be to drop it, still wet, on to something very dusty.......grrrrrrr :(
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 5 months ago #46318

Calling this done ... colour varies depending on light level & distance - it looks good in the photos, in low light levels, and in very bright sunlight (especially close up), but under average Northwest European grey skies & at a normal viewing distance it looks a bit anaemic, TBH I think VW Brilliant Orange would be a better choice for the 99.9% of the times when you won't see the spangles :whistle:

The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, AndyAus, VCR

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 5 months ago #46320

Love it!! :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 5 months ago #46321

I did want to compare this to my other Sand Rover (the 2010 version went, undriven, a long time ago) ... I think I have "too dark" & "too light" :whistle: Maybe I should be looking for a 3rd vintage car, or maybe two as I'm undecided whether VW Mars Red or Fiat Rosso Orancio is perfect boxart ;)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas, stingray-63, AndyAus, VCR

Another 58024 Sand Rover Resto 6 years 5 months ago #46412

Brilliant JR :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.