Keyword

TOPIC:

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46606

Hi all,
Finally managed to finish this resto project ! I'm really happy with the end result, of course there are a few "unperfections" but i won't try to repair nor modify them.

I'm not sure if it's the fact i'm getting older or the lack of practice :unsure: , but this resto has been the most time consuming and the most expensive i ever made.

Thank you again for all your tips and hints for this one !

Here a few pics of the Sand Scorcher.

I will take better pictures soon.

Thanks for looking

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, VCR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46607

WOOHOO! This beetle looks very pretty Manu.

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46611

WOOHOO! This beetle looks very pretty Manu.

Merci bcp ! :P
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46624

Very nice B) :)

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46650

Well yes, It does good B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 3 months ago #46781

A few pictures with my other SRB's

note that the Ranger and the SuperChamps still need to be restored

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 3 months ago #46782

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: I love them.

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 3 months ago #46783

The Baja looks just great!! :y:

I also like the collection picture too. Your Super champ also looks very good, other than the incorrect front tires I would just leave it as it is. I think car guys call it " a survivor" it looks correct for its time period, someone did a good job building it back in the day and it should be left as it is :) . I have a nice Sand Scorcher on my shelf like that, It is not box art, it is green and white, I bought it with full intentions to "make it right" but it is so clean and complete, the builder did a very nice job and it was never abused, perhaps only driven once or twice by the look of it. So in the end I just could not bring myself to change it, it is a time machine so to speak.
I have others I can bring back from the dead if I want to do yet another "box art" car and I think that is always better, when you bring one back to life so there can be more of them to enjoy. More and more I am finding I like the non box art cars that our friends here are doing, really great work. I know I am doing these for myself now not for re-selling so it is about what I like and if I like purple.....its going to be purple....:laugh:

Really top notch work my friend!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 3 months ago #46788

:) Just thought I would add a couple of pictures of the that " survivor" Sand Scorcher from the shelf. I can lay no claim to any of the work other than good luck for finding it. :)
Here in Canada we have a free classified add service called kijiji, it is an ebay offshoot ( they own it) so it is most likely in other areas too. A few years ago when it was starting out I found an add for the Sand Scorcher, the fellow was about 5 hours away but he sent me good pictures and the price was fair ( well I thought it was ) so I talked him into shipping it to me....kijiji doesn't recommend this......so I sent him payment and waited with fingers crossed....:unsure: :unsure:
Well it turned out better than I hopped, the car, all the paper works, leftover decals, period correct futaba radio with "G" type plugs and a perfect box too!:woohoo:
Really an amazing find, as I said before I had intended on doing a repaint but upon close inspection the car is just too nice to change, a true survivor of the 80's. If I had to guess by the small amount of wear and damage, the car was run on concrete or asphalt as the tries look a bit sanded, there are no scrapes on the bottom but there is a bit of evidence of a roll over on the top :( not too bad but if you saw it in person you can tell. The rear antenna mount was broken and repaired with epoxy ( nice job too) and there it is...I think it was run a couple of times on the street in front of the house, there was a roll over and the owner was scared to do anymore damage so it was put away for another day, that never came :( but good news for me :laugh: A real time machine for sure.
The paint work is very well done, the body was finely sanded, the color separations are crisp and the windows neatly trimmed in black, very nice, even the mirrors are perfectly intact! Why would I want to change it....it's just fine the way it is......

A real beauty eh?
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 3 months ago #46790

Yep buddy a real beauty

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.