Keyword

TOPIC:

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46791

Fantastic restoration, Manotas!
I had the same feeling restoring my Sand Scorcher some years ago, it takes a lot of time and a lot of cash... :laugh:

Again, stunning work!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46796

:) Just thought I would add a couple of pictures of the that " survivor" Sand Scorcher from the shelf. I can lay no claim to any of the work other than good luck for finding it. :)

A real beauty eh?

Wow yeah, a real beauty...and like a time capsule i fully agree with you.
On the other hand i would have taken 2 options :

Repaint the bonnet to the correct sheme..That's certainly the hardest way and you'll certainly never find the right color again due to it's age

The second one, is to keep it like that and just apply a coat of clear lacque to protect the decals from the UV's and seal them.

I really love it !
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46797

The Baja looks just great!! :y:

I also like the collection picture too. Your Super champ also looks very good, other than the incorrect front tires I would just leave it as it is. I think car guys call it " a survivor" it looks correct for its time period, someone did a good job building it back in the day and it should be left as it is :) . I have a nice Sand Scorcher on my shelf like that, It is not box art, it is green and white, I bought it with full intentions to "make it right" but it is so clean and complete, the builder did a very nice job and it was never abused, perhaps only driven once or twice by the look of it. So in the end I just could not bring myself to change it, it is a time machine so to speak.
I have others I can bring back from the dead if I want to do yet another "box art" car and I think that is always better, when you bring one back to life so there can be more of them to enjoy. More and more I am finding I like the non box art cars that our friends here are doing, really great work. I know I am doing these for myself now not for re-selling so it is about what I like and if I like purple.....its going to be purple....:laugh:

Really top notch work my friend!

Thank you Oldwilly !

I really like the Rough Rider, it was also a huge work to get it looking like that. See the resto thread here Rough Rider resto

I got the Superchamp exactly how it it's shown on the pictures a while ago on a local bid Platform for a nice price. You're right, the front wheels aren't the right ones and the MSC was missing. But on the other hand the body is in a perfect state, nothing broken nor any decals dammaged. The rear fender ( that usually broken ) is also perfect.
Again, it's also a time capsule as you said and once i'll start the resto on this one, i'm pretty sure that i won't repaint it...maybe just seal the whole body with a few layers of clear lacque.

As your models, mine are intended to remain on the shelf...but all of them are fully working. I drive them indoor only.

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46798

Fantastic restoration, Manotas!
I had the same feeling restoring my Sand Scorcher some years ago, it takes a lot of time and a lot of cash... :laugh:

Again, stunning work!

-Lars

Thank you Lars....and yes it takes lot of cash.... This was the most expensive resto i ever made ! But i'm really happy to see where my investement went. Specially having a look of how it was at the beginning....

And final result :

Attachments:

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46799

Amazing!

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46813

Fantastic restoration what a transformation

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 4 months ago #46820

Wow! :cheer: when you see the before pictures it really shows the amount of work that has gone into this build, truly wonderful to see. It is always rewarding to bring one back to life, keep up the amazing work! :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

58016 Sand Scorcher Resto 6 years 3 months ago #47535

Looks awesome

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.