Keyword

TOPIC:

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42396

This is how the body is after many years in the loft. I did once hand paint it silver and that still is underneath but I must have given it a white spray coat at one stage after that. I do have all the bits that arent on the body with the exception of the rear aerofoil section and two body mounts (they were useless things) although part of them are still stuck to the body. The two headlight covers I have are both cracked and to be honest that is my biggest problem I think especially as new bodies are going for three figures! Any ideas on replacing the light covers and replacing the body mounts would be greatly appreciated. Decals is another issue but I may have solved that as found ful size decals on a website somewhere (the ones here aren't that good plus have a watermark over them (why oh why!!) I have some transfer papaer so will see what the printouts turn out like.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42398

The chassis looks beautifull. And you have a little work on the body but it looks pretty :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: warriorPA28

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42403

Absolutely loving it, well played.

The additional nip parts were quite tasty on eBay latterly weren't they. Not so tasty for my back account.

I take it you couldn't resist those nip tyres that come up? No wonder you went over budget.

Rob

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42404

P.s

Such a shame as I just sold a shell and box that I didn't want and it had those parts.

If the mounts are the same for both sides (which I'm sure they are) I'll make you copies. Drop me a message.

Rob

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42436

Hi Rob

not got your details anymore so messaged you on this site

Si

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42440

Started on the body. First job was to make a replacement rear spoiler end. This was simply some 1mm plasticard cut to size and superglued in place, unfortunately a rib slipped but might be able to correct that with the dremel prior to spraying. Also repaired and fitted a body mount (got 2 missing) and the missing mirror. Next job is to repair the left fin trailing edge and the damaged right mirror with some model filler. Hopefully purple rob can manage to copy a couple of body mounts for me

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42441

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42442

Didn't have my settings on for PMs but replied now :p

I can do you a mirror too, I'm battling with the mirror repro's at the moment but persistence will get me there.

I only twigged the other day they are they same as the countach mirrors and I'm doing myself a few spare pairs.

Are you stripping the shell, what are you using? I have used brake fluid on mine for many years to good success, it's fairly slow and doesn't work on some paints. I always keep a very very close eye on it though as it has the potential to melt the body depending on the abs plastic. Most I've done through the old models and SRB's have been fine.
Rob

Last edit: by Purple_rob.

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42445

:y: Good job guys.

Porsche 936 Restoration 7 years 2 months ago #42448

I used to use a product called modelstrip and it worked wonders on some old Hornby trains that got personal treatment and doesn't attack polystyrene. Although this is quiet a large job for that I will let you know how I get on. Thanks for bailing me out Rob. Anyone else reading this I am on the look out for some headlight lens covers as the originals are cracked and as they transparent it's impossible to repair unless anyone knows a good method. Very tempted to add working lights to this model too as easy to do invisibly on this car

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.