Keyword

TOPIC:

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43082

:woohoo: YESSS I want them. I leaved you a PM last days. Leave me your paypal with the shipping price.
Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43087

.. and you have a relpy to your PM. Thanks.

Alright, I've been curious about the re-re Holiday for a while now, so last night I put mine together. A great buggy of seemingly good quality, well at least what plastic quality offers. The chassi, DT-02, is a bit wide for the body but still fits nicely. I used ballbearings everywhere in place of nylons, and if I like the drive-feeling of it I'll be getting some upgragades for it such as alu-shocks and maybe some cooler wheels.

Anybody tried the DT-02? Anything interesting, good or bad stuff, about it I'd be thrilled to hear.

Oh! Tamiya has pre-painted the driver's head!

The DT-02

Attachments:

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43090

A friend has a dt02 and he gave me good feedbacks about it.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43102

Sounds reassuring, Sting. Thanks.

Today I went to buy another plane for my shelves. I have expanded my garage to two levels now. I will not be expanding it further! However this is not a promise.

Which leads to the question; what are you doing with all those boxes? Should I store them? Cut out the motifes for framing? Or just recycle them?

Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43103

:laugh: you are lucky to have a so big garage buddy. I kept 99% of my boxes with or without the car inside. You can put one inside another if you can like matriochka. I did that for several and I built a wall in my bedroom between militarias stuffs. My shelves are so full that I squatted my bed. Keep your boxes. If you need to sale some of your rc, the price should be better with the box.

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43110

Yes. I understand, keeping the box will increase the value of a future sale. But .. hmm.. I need the space.

What's the penalty for cutting up original boxes into flat artwork sheets ?

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43112

:lol: I don't know. It's easier to stock boxes :laugh:

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43115

Re-re Holiday Buggy, re-re Hornet, modern radios & 240Z are all so common that not having a box won't change the value by much, or at all. IDK about the stadium truck, that's probably in the same category.

Re-re Fighting Buggy & re-re Sand Scorcher, keeping the boxes might not add much value at present, but is more likely to in the future - but you have to decide whether an added 5 to 10% is worth storing them for 30 years. A cut up or damaged box is worth about the same as no box :S

I'd definitely keep the original Holiday Buggy box intact :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43117

Thanks for the input, Jonny. I dont' think I would ever cut out the vintage Holiday Buggy box, however the other boxes I'd like to cut out the artwork, keeping almost 100% of the surface, just make it flat for future framing possibly.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

UT's Buggies 6 years 11 months ago #43268

After all the brutal practice with my poor Hornhopper, finally I am a better driver, confident enough to take a few action shots of my Fighter. Let me share with you yesterday's run in the sun.

The track is a piece of land that I recently occupied near my home to create the UT-drome for testing my various vehicles. A mostly flat vista with natural obstacles such as trees and rocks that make it a pretty scale environment upon the hard fine grain soil, where not much else except occasional flowers grow.

While on the flowers, I am really trying to stay away. But as I am a rookie still ...

With the laps come the grooves, and grooves turn into pits. The track has become a challenging course of loose dirt at the turns with a bumpy exit, and some more bumps on the straights. The layout is a sort of figure eight around two small trees.

There's plenty of room for tricking about, here making donuts. (Please excuse my cheap photoshop trick, I only have one Fighter)

Digging the Tamiya tires into the loose dirt going into the east turn.

Speeding the south straight past the bench.

... and a closeup, for your pleasure.

So that's about it! I should add that I'm using all stock stuff in my Fighter, I alternate my two 6s nimh-sticks (2100 & 5000 mah), wheels are the Rough Rider ones as I found their slightly larger diameter handling bumps better. And I use the HPI TF-40 radio with a Tamiya RR front tire stuck around the steeringknob to increase precision, and the TBLE-02s ESC that I've just learned to manage and configure.

Heheh... I can tell you, dogs are funny animals!
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, AndyAus

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.