Keyword

TOPIC:

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46714

Actually, I'm not sure now.

These are what I got www.rcgeeks.co....-77mm-2pcs.
What sort of connector do I need for these? Do they just screw on?
(sorry, probably a dumb question)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46715

Yes. Only 3mm screws. Balls are already in the shocks. They work a little like uniballs.
The following user(s) Liked this: Simianosaurus

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46717

Cheers

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46764

Shocks are fitted.
Should have gone for longer rear shocks though. The ones I got were 85mm and it doesn't quite give it as much ground clearance as I'd like.
Oh well, they can stay sat on it whilst I do the rest of the car up and when I can afford to I'll get some 95mm ones.
Replaced the o rings with Tamiya Red and refilled the oil (front shocks were pretty much empty on arrival)

Upon fitting the shocks, I noticed I have got a slight crack in the rear mounts. Not sure how I missed that before.
I guess I'll have to get hold of some B-Parts as well now. :(

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46765

:( did you mount the longer axle ends on the shocks (on your picts they were sold with shocks)

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46766

Yep.
Tried long ends and at full extension the clearance wasn't quite as much as I'd like.
Should have measured better before hand.

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46817

Replaced the Rear shocks with some that actually fit.
Nice to see it with suspension that is actually working. :D

Was about to switch the motor back over to a 27T,but realised I no longer have all my old tools and so don't have an allen key small enough to remove the grub nut. That'll have to wait a bit too.

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 4 months ago #46821

Was about to switch the motor back over to a 27T,but realised I no longer have all my old tools and so don't have an allen key small enough to remove the grub nut. That'll have to wait a bit too.

I recommed Wera part # 05118066001 :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 1 week ago #49323

Ok, been a while since I posted due to real life getting in the way and awaiting my new wheels (Carson 900027 2WD All Terrain), which only took 2 months to get dispatched :S .

I've now fitted these new wheels and downgraded the motor to a normal, less insanely powerful one. Apart from fixing / replacing the shock tower and the motor / gear cap, the car is pretty much done.

As for the customisation, that's come on a long way too.
I got hold of some perforated metal sheets which I cut and stuck in fit for windows and then fitted a black heat sink onto the engine and covered the wiring with corrugated tubing to give it more of the look I was after. The wires 'should' be ok as they didn't get very warm at all before and there is some air space around them inside the tubing.

Then I painted the parts of the car that looked like metalwork in silver, masked it up then sprayed the rest matte black.
Once that dried out, I worn some of the paint down and added scratches (which I filled with a dull metal paint to mimic scratches reaching an underlying metal surface) then dirtied and very slightly rusted up some of these areas.

Just trying to decide if I leave it there do a little more. I was thinking of replacing the bumper with an aluminium one, perhaps tubed adding some chain to it. Maybe adding a bit of black netting inside to cover up the insides a bit more.
I may go back and improve some of the paint work too, but need to get more practice.
For now though, I think I may just leave it as is.

For my first car mod, I'm really happy with it. :D

Here are some pics, although they don't capture it that well.
Looks a lot better IRL, I guess it's the lighting not catching the details.

Wheel, heat sink and piping

Paint, damage and windows

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Last edit: by Simianosaurus.

Fixing up and Modding a Bearhawk 6 years 1 week ago #49324

Very nice . It has a mad max style.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.