Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47731

Just found this pic in the data base, would seem to confirm the band on dogbone, yayyyy :) :) :)

Just need to find a way of telling the difference between a boomer and super sabre chassis
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47732

On pictures you found, we can see that rere are chromed and vintage blacked. I have a band on my thundershots dogbones. They are black. And it is a vintage. Not a rere.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47733

On pictures you found, we can see that rere are chromed and vintage blacked. I have a band on my thundershots dogbones. They are black. And it is a vintage. Not a rere.

They are black on both 58055 and 58418 Flo, and 58067 thunder shot has band on the dogbone and is black :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47734

Looks like i may have found a possible difference between chassis's courtesy of some pics Andyaus posted on here 3 years ago, pics 5 and 6 tamiyabase.com/...html#32600

Will have to strip it down and see haha :cry: :cry: :cry:
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47735

Well I’m begining to believe I do actually have a very good condition genuine 58055 Boomerang unless anyone can point me in another direction

I know it was mentioned earlier about the R sprue being different, I am not sure on that one, I can only find manual diagrams of both, they look identical to me, without having one of each in front of me it is impossible to say for definite

Last edit: by goldfish999.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47737

That is a very food new Alan. 2 jewels. I am glad for you.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47740

The easiest way to see if a chassis is vintage or current is to see if the large plastic pieces, like the chassis, has the plastic type stamped. if it says "<ABS>" or something like that, you have a reissue, if not, it's vintage.

Also, the "made in Japan" stamp is almost a certain sign of being vintage.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47741

Looking at sprues, like the R-tree, you usually have to see the tree complete.
The two images below show the reissue (top) with an extra plastic piece where the plastic type (PC) is stamped.
The below picture is of a vintage part (or a reissue where the PC -tab has been removed)...

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47751

The easiest way to see if a chassis is vintage or current is to see if the large plastic pieces, like the chassis, has the plastic type stamped. if it says "<ABS>" or something like that, you have a reissue, if not, it's vintage.

Also, the "made in Japan" stamp is almost a certain sign of being vintage.

-Lars

Im glad its got the "made in japan" stamp. that along with the right dogbones, all correct electrics and the lighter blue uprights and shock tower etc and the absence of any modern "ABS" or similar stamps/markings which all points towards vintage, the only things pointing away from vintage are its almost new appearance and the slightly darker blue battery retainers and roll hoop, so with the balance of probabilities, its a lot more likely to be genuine than not, so im happy saying i own a vintage boomerang :) :) :)
(By the time its back up for sale. if there are any rere parts on it they will also be vintage,and i'll be dead so it wont really bother me haha)

Lars, is it worth adding the dogbone difference into the reissue section on this model in the database ?

Vintage or re-re 6 years 2 months ago #47752

(or a reissue where the PC -tab has been removed)...

And this is what makes all of this so hard to prove or disprove :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.