Keyword

TOPIC:

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #64993

They are spray used for real cars. With different solvents in the composition.
did you take an eye on amazon?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #65022

hi i'm not on amazon only ebay can u tel me the paint thanks

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #65025

when u say automotive paint i dont know what you are saying i have no clue to paint what so ever thanks stingray-63

Automotive paint is paint made for real cars, but on spray cans. Auto is old word for cars, hence Automotive as something for cars.
If you have car parts store with repair paint on the shelves, that is the one to use.
Some DIY/ homeshops/ dollar stores also carry paint of that type.
Brands as Motive, Duplicolor etc is of that kind.

Hardbodies aka ABS bodies uses TS paint if you will stick to Tamiya.
And here is the paint colors to choose from. www.tamiyausa.c...ray-paint/

Just use the TS and the number when you want to find it on ebay.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by caprinut.

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #65027

thanks for your help so u got a tamiya grasshopper 2 chassis with a scratch in it u sand it down and now the black is different
so then u buy the tamiya paint
witch one do i get then ? i have no ider
is it the sami gloss black ts 29?  and the clear? to make it normal color black ??
T85063 TS-63 NATO Black (100ml), t85014 Spray Paint TS-14 Black (100ml), and t85040 Spray Paint TS-40 Metallic Black (100ml)
witch one is it or all of them or what?
u have to tell me in steps please because i know the ts is for hard bodies but your not tell me the black paint to paint it with
witch ones would u use to get it normal thanks very much for all your help

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #65031

Use the classic brilliant black. For automotive colors, I use Renault brand or ixell. With a plastic primer.

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #65032

thanks for your help so u got a tamiya grasshopper 2 chassis with a scratch in it u sand it down and now the black is different
so then u buy the tamiya paint
witch one do i get then ? i have no ider
is it the sami gloss black ts 29?  and the clear? to make it normal color black ??
T85063 TS-63 NATO Black (100ml), t85014 Spray Paint TS-14 Black (100ml), and t85040 Spray Paint TS-40 Metallic Black (100ml)
witch one is it or all of them or what?
u have to tell me in steps please because i know the ts is for hard bodies but your not tell me the black paint to paint it with
witch ones would u use to get it normal thanks very much for all your help

Tamiya chassis is a bit pain to match as they are not real glossy or matt black, they seem to be in the middle.
I don't think you can find a paint that will match the orginal plastic color/shade.

Maybe some sort of satin black, that is a color that is not glossy, nor flat black, but somewhere in the middle.
Ford Capri Mik3 bumpers are painted in that color to kind of match the black plastic end bits.
So you can either try to find Satin Black automotive paint.

Or paint the chassis with TS29 Semi Gloss Black, this is also a shade between glossy and flat.
Alternative TS29 Semi Gloss Black and TS79 Semi Gloss Clear
Or TS14 Black and TS79 Semi Gloss Clear.

If you need to use some of those on other projects, buy the combo that fits your need or just go for the TS29 Semi Gloss Black

Depending on how scratched the chassis is, start with 240, 400, 800 and 1200 sanding paper, or just start with a finer paper if the chassis is fine to key the chassis before paint.
If you wish you can use Tamiya Fine Surface Primer which comes in White, Light Grey and Grey.
Wash the chassis with dishsoap liquid before primer and paint.

If the chassis is good, you can also polish the chassis if paint is not needed.
Johnny Retro has made an article to show how to do that. Click on the Articles on top of the page to find it.

Super hornet body shell 3 years 2 weeks ago #65045

thanks very much for this info help great thanks so much if there is a spray can u use for this can u give me the llink on ebay
that will work great
if i buy TS29 Semi Gloss Black and TS79 Semi Gloss Clear
ok now u tell me how to put it on one over then the clear or 2 over then clear?
thanks very much now i'm getting somewhere thanks mate i lost at this thanks

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.