Keyword

TOPIC:

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 1 month ago #65037

Nice!

What size of magnets did you order?
I have 3x2mm ones that are great for holding on small stuff   that I have used several times.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 1 month ago #65038

10mm OD X 2mm thick. Pairs are enough on the rear but it looks like I need to double up on the truck side at the front, as it's curved. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 1 month ago #65063

Filled & sanded, ready for primer :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 11 months ago #65979

Primer on the topper showed up a lot of flaws, needing a lot of filling ... since the pic, it's had the filler rubbed out, another priming, rubbing down & painting with VW Alpine White, and is hanging in the shed, outgassing. The rear window has had 5 coats of PS-31 Smoke :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 11 months ago #66037

All finished ... although I am still thinking about stripping & repainting the body :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Edou, oldwilly, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 11 months ago #66039

Nice! Why do you want to repaint the body ? It looks fine.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 8 months ago #67770

Nice! Why do you want to repaint the body ? It looks fine.

Sorry for the delay in replying :blush: 

The paint is a single coat (maybe two) of Humbrol "Hobby Spray"  - which I always found gave rather "bloomy" (or at best, satin) finish - without even any primer, and Tamiya X-whatever Red brush painted on the glass. And superfine sharpie for panel lines :whistle: 

AFAIK I built it in 2008, my standards have improved since then. :) 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 8 months ago #67771

One step closer to actually building a VW Thing / Trekker - getting a 1:59 (semi-) diecast version :) 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 8 months ago #67772

Wesmade on Youtube has recently built a Thing truck in styrene 
Not up on his channel yet, but he has posted pictures of it on FB, wellow too 

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 2 years 8 months ago #67776

Yeahhhh a 181.  Make 2 bodies please 😛

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.