Keyword

TOPIC:

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 6 months ago #72692

Fantastic work JR!

That driver is so fitting!
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 6 months ago #72704

Wasn't very happy with what the driver was wearing - reshaped the shoulders to make it look less like a gilet, added details in 0.38mm styrene sheet to make it more like a Wehrmacht jacket.  

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 6 months ago #72706

Wahoooo I'm fan and your work is just amazing. 

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 6 months ago #72707

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Great modelling skills Jonny.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 6 months ago #72763

Kubel body back in from the shed after white primer, needed a little bit of sanding before going back for the base colour – I used XF-60 Dark Yellow. I mixed up one new jar & two part used ones, if you include the thinner I added, there’s probably less than 40ml if paint on there – which seems very economical to me. I bought 6 new jars and still have 5 left 

There are probably some bits I missed, or at least didn’t get enough paint on (especially the interior) but as it’s a stock shade I can easily do any touching up, and indoors too – there will probably be a few more fine days where I could get some primer or PS- sprays on, but  outdoor spraying season is definitely coming to a close.  

I also built up the engine and gearbox, primed in white & gave it a base of Hycote “Aluminium Coat”. I intend to paint, detail & lightly weather it for inclusion in my scale garage – it’s a much better match for the static “barn find” Scorcher shell than the 1:12 Ford Y-block currently in there 

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 5 months ago #72887

Driver painted, TBH I just mixed a blue-grey colour that I remembered from my Britains Deetil 1:32 figures in the 1970s :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Lemsko

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 5 months ago #72888

nice

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 1 year 5 months ago #72891

I love it. 

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.