Keyword

TOPIC:

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 9 months ago #60769

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
www.tamiyaclub....onversion/

Hi Jonny I was watching this with great interest and someone on Tamiya club had the same idea.
I love the brat body she’ll, but I hate that the wheels stick out so far, also the height at the back seems a bit much.
The link above should be his build, hopefully of some help.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 9 months ago #60800

Thanks Al :y:

I noticed they used a vintage Scorcher body post at the front, it really doesn't fit & I'm not sure I'd trust it on a shelf, let alone a runner :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 9 months ago #60841

Could't find my pondscum green, so had to mix some more from my dwindling stash of PC- paints ... brushed 2 coats of that then sprayed the white.

Now waiting on another antenna & the weather to be good enough to spray the driving lamps.

:)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 9 months ago #60844

Another froggy on the road

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 9 months ago #60886

Made a front body post for the Super Brat - I had aluminium aluminium rod that was too small a diameter or too big, I suppose what I really should have done was wait until I had some a suitable size & taper turned the middle section on the Unimat to make it look more like other SRBs ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 9 months ago #60888

Nice!

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 8 months ago #61329

Frog finished ... and straight onto eBay :(

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 8 months ago #61338

GOOD MAN!!!:)

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 8 months ago #61351

Froggy has sold ... a 2WD, lexan body buggy really ought to be at the bottom of my list if I'm to have any focus (and I need the hobby money & shelf space), but nevertheless I feel bit sad about it going :(
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

The Other SRBs: Bel Ray Bullet, Super Brat, Kubelwagen, VW Thing/Trekker 3 years 8 months ago #61411

Never easy to let some of the models go...

I still regrets selling some of my custom projects in the past.
My biggest mistake was to trade my Clod for two nitro cars. Should never have done that

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.