Keyword

TOPIC:

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48297

Attachment not found

I am wondering what to do with the body on this car
It is the original body shell but has had a set of repro decals fitted rather poorly the red is a reddy orange rather than bright red in real life as well :(
There is one bit of damage (see pic below) to the shell apart from that it is in good condition
The question is do I remove decals and replace with mci ones which appear to be a good copy or do I go the full monty on it and get a new shell TGB? or Tamiya? And mci decals
Any input would be greatly welcomed
TIA Alan

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48300

Tough choice to make here.
I have never tried to fix a lexan body, but the damage on yours look like scratches only? Or are there deformation?
If only scratches, I would try some polishing compound and see what it could do.

If the damage does not get better, I would get MCI decals. If the damage can be fixed, I would, if finance allows, look for an original Taisan decal.

There are currently original Tamiya Porsche 911 GT2 bodies available on eBay. So my third choice would be to get one of those and add MCI decals.

I'm told the Taisan and the GT2 body are identical, but I will check and let you know.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48301

The 47321/84399 kits include the exact same body as the 58172 Taisan (the lexan parts, that is) They shell still has the 58172 stamped on it and they look identical. :) :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48302

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48305

Try to buy an original.
Ps, I found your spares ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48306

On closer inspection the body is actually split for 5/6 mm in the damaged area so a new body it will have to be, and I agree with the going original definitely, tho I think MCI decals unless anyone can find me some originals not costing more than a 1/1 porche hehe
A new body is on its way already, well they will post it Monday morning I hope :)

Last edit: by goldfish999.

TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48307

Next question .........
Flo has informed me the right motor is a malabuchi 540, would that be a white bell or black bell cover? Or either? Or would it be acceptable to use this in the picture?
Attachments:

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48308

Sports tuned is very acceptable

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48310

Sports tuned is very acceptable

Would this ST motor have been available at around the time of release WB?

Re:TAISAN (58172) 6 years 2 months ago #48312

The sport tuned is an option since a long time. And boxed with group C. You can use it with the taysan.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.