Keyword

TOPIC:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51892

I think those plates turned out very good :y:

Hmmm, my Capri project needs something similar :whistle:

Zakspeed?
Is on a TA-02 chassis? ive taken photo copies of these if ya need them to make your own :y:

Yep it's on a TA02 chassis ;)
I'm tempted to buy the Yeah Racing kit, if I can get hold of the other parts.
Or else it will be too expensive for my poor soul.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51898

I have this as a saved search on evilbay :) :) :)

rover.ebay.com/...1577506966

You would also need J parts :

rover.ebay.com/...2623861784

And a few bits of ironmongery as well :y:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51899

I have this as a saved search on evilbay :) :) :)

rover.ebay.com/...1577506966

You would also need J parts :

rover.ebay.com/...2623861784

And a few bits of ironmongery as well :y:

Bell crank post's and some bolts is more or less the items needed apart of those mentioned?
Hardest part is to get the posts for a fair price from what I've found out so far...

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51900

So time to have a go at making my own steering assembly, as it was missing :(
Had a look through my box of TA stuff and other places and found a pair of alloy arms, no idea where they came from (or if they are even for a TA) but they will do the job I hope, also some 5x8 ballrace bearings and a bag of 5mm ball connectors and a TA-02 steering mechanism inc tie rods :)
So for the two mounting pillars required I decided to to use some 5mm carbon fibre tube (3mm ID) and some plastic bearings (we all have a pile of these somewhere :cry:)

Decided blue was not appropriate for this build so out with the semi gloss black and time to mount and see how it looks

Looks great but upon further construction of the rest of the assembly and testing the 11x5 were causing a restriction to the full lock of the steering, back to the drawing board, thinner support pillars required, 8x5 plastic bearings to the rescue, time to mock up and spray black if successful :S :S :S
Attachments:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51909

Bell crank post's and some bolts is more or less the items needed apart of those mentioned?
Hardest part is to get the posts for a fair price from what I've found out so far...[/quote

]www.ebay.co.uk/...663.l10137

Not cheap, but i believe this is everything and more to copmplete your project B) B) B)

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51914

Well the mock up process using the 8x5 plastic bearings went well and with adjustment to the centre control rod and the two tie rods it was possible to increase the lock to lock by a good 10 degrees or so, quite happy with that, will be able to drift it now eeek :S:
So time to throw some more semi gloss black at it and build it up, I’ve decided since it is not original any more that it would be acceptable to use new stainless hex bolts through out on this chassis build, I think they look rather nice :y:

Attachments:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51979

Well I finally found time to build up the rest of the FRP chassis, had to make a rear gearbox support as that was missing as well :S:

And I found out these were also on the Alfa so decided to donate to the Taisan and put the Alfa back to totally standard

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51981

These shafts are pretty nice. :y:

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 7 months ago #51987

Finally had time to catch your posts Alan!!

Super job on the body and the chassis, really turned out nice. Now I see your FRP chassis I’m tempted to build one from the parts you know I have.

I’m really intrigued to know if the 47321 has any differences, I know the tub is different from what alan and I have discussed outside here but any ideas on the rest. Lars, any progress or investigation done by you? I’m very tempted to buy one very soon.

I just had delivered a new old stock body with spoiler and decal set (that why I had a spare for Lars ;) ). Also picked up a used kit box on eBay a few days ago for just over £25, that’s cheap enough to store my body set in ha!.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

TAISAN (58172) 5 years 6 months ago #51998

Now I see your FRP chassis I’m tempted to build one from the parts you know

All you would need would be J parts and four bearings for the steering arms and you could manufacture the two steering standoff’s and you would be done with the chassis :) :) :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.