Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 week 3 days ago #69279

I like the Cheetah but the bodies look so breakable, How delicate are they?
I would be scared to run them incase I crashed it. I love the XR311 but I figure the body is similar and could break easy. 

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58007 Cheetah 1 week 2 days ago #69280

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Formidable!
  • Formidable!
Thanks Flo, the easiest thing to do would be to complete one maybe even two, but I’d like to try and complete all 4 if possible.
It will be a challenge.
I keep thinking back to Jonny’s Cheetah thread and I think he may have had the right idea, by going his own way.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

What did you do today? 1 week 2 days ago #69281

• Al
  • Formidable!
  • Formidable!

I would be scared to run them incase I crashed it. I love the XR311 but I figure the body is similar and could break easy. 

Lee the body is basically a Tamiya model kit on an RC chassis. Those bodies have so many bits and so much detail. 

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

What did you do today? 1 week 2 days ago #69282

• Al
  • Formidable!
  • Formidable!

Lee the body is basically a Tamiya model kit on an RC chassis. Those bodies have so many bits and so much detail. 

What did you do today? 1 week 2 days ago #69283

Yep Lee the bodies look like cristal. I have now a 2000 rere and I am afraid to run it. But with a 2,4 radio set and a very soft run, it should be fun. I only miss the 2 side mirrors on mine. But when it will be possible for me to do a run with it .... 

Al, all spares are good to keep. I'm sure you'll be able to save one , two or more. All salvatiin is good for our addiction. 😛😁
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

58007 Cheetah 1 week 2 days ago #69287

I think the Cheetah suspension is more of a problem than the bodywork, not just the unobtainable torsion bars but the way the square holes in the suspension break at the edges & let the bars turn 90 degrees just when you think you've got the tension right - and it's not as of you can use the re-re XR311 parts instead :( 

That'll stop you ever running the thing, an incomplete body (which it will be by the end of a run ;) ) is just ... incomplete.

My decision to make closed off, civilianised versions wasn't much of a choice, even after buying 5 I still only had enough of the external greeblies to make a somewhat complete one with no interior (the red one), and one that was completely trashed both in and out. I'm not sure I did the right thing with the second one, it might have been better to let the chassis go on it's own, the bodywork & paint was NOT a good advert :D even if it was many years ago.

Parts are even more rare & expensive now, I don't envy anyone trying to restore one to anything approaching original.

I like having a Cheetah on the shelf (along with the XR311) as examples of Tamiya's 1st offroad cars, but I don't think they've moved in getting on for 10 years now, so apparently not _that_ much :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Moderators: Jonny RetroAndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.