Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Repair job has started... 5 years 8 months ago #50884

Btw is there anyone tried modern o-rings for the shocks, that's is easy to get hold of by any chance?
CVA shocks have allways been good to me, so I don't really need after market o-rings, but just makes it more easy to source.

But non CVA shocks on my trail rigs on the other hand is a different story.
8 of 10 times most shocks tend to leak after a while.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Repair job has started... 5 years 8 months ago #50922

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

Btw is there anyone tried modern o-rings for the shocks, that's is easy to get hold of by any chance?
CVA shocks have allways been good to me, so I don't really need after market o-rings, but just makes it more easy to source.

I used modern Tamiya red o rings when rebuilding my old Fox’s shocks recently, and they seem to be good so far. Part number 50597

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Repair job has started... 5 years 8 months ago #50931

I used modern Tamiya red o rings when rebuilding my old Fox’s shocks recently, and they seem to be good so far. Part number 50597

Thank you!
I will try those ;)

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Repair job has started... 5 years 8 months ago #50965

I've always used modern red o-rings in rebuilding CVAs & never thought it might be considered "wrong" :blush:

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Repair job has started... 5 years 6 months ago #51886

Finally did something to this project.

If you remember what this started out as, it has come a long way since then.

Chassis is complete, but still missing a few bits that I will list in the bottom of this post.

At this point, just the servo have been fitted as I'm unsure what to fit.

Snapped some pictures...

Still to do:
#1 Sand the rash on the wheels.
#2 Grease the transmission gears.
#3 Replace some of the hardware and fit the missing ones.
#4 Replace the steering rods as they are the wrong length.
#5 Fit rx, esc and motor.
#6 Repair the body.
#7 Rebuild the shocks.

And this is the missing/wrong/need parts list.
#1 BT4 63mm, BT5 80mm steering rods (current ones are of wrong length)
#2 C4 Battery door mount - missing.
#3 A3 Battery door - missing.
#4 BS4 Body mount - missing one.
#5 Driver figure - missing. I presume Hornet one is the same?
#6 O rings for the shock rebuild.
#7 4pcs 3x27mm bolts - missing a couple.
#8 5pcs 3x20mm bolts - missing a couple.
#9 2pcs 3x15mm bolts - missing.

Body is taking a bath as I write this, so maybe a bit more progress on the body shortly.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #51893

Body have been cleaned.

Think the first task will be to remove the decals and get some MCI ones as the orginal decals are lifting, got holes, not cut nicely etc.
After I remove those I will try to polish the body and windows to make it look better, but it will never be perfect, but ok for a runner.

Here is some examples of the decal problems

Another problem with this body is the big cracks on both sides of the roof top, that makes the back part of the body with the wing flopping around with no strength whatsoever.

This is going to be my runner so don't need to be perfect.
In the past I've used fiberglass tape and Hudy body fix with great results.
It dryes like fiberglass.
As I said the roof had two big cracks in the roof, but it also got a crack on both sides in the rear that makes the sides bending uppwards and the roof part did made the body the be twisted.
I placed as little tape as posible to make the strength needed and then applyed just a little skim of the body fix.
When it had dried I then applied some paint where the paint has gone.

And I'm happy to report the roof and the rear part feels strong and like one piece insted of two flopping parts.
I have several ideas to make it even stronger and possible to look a bit more scale at the same time.

In this shot you can also see where I have brushed on some paint where the it had gone missing.
The rest of the paint seems good, so that's why I have not choosen to repaint this body.

The body looks better than when I started anyway and are a lot stronger.
New decals should make it look a bit better.

Your thoughts??

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #51894

Now it looks fine. I already restore my falcon with mci decals and tbg body.
Decals are very nice.

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #51895

Now it looks fine. I already restore my falcon with mci decals and tbg body.
Decals are very nice.

Thank you :y:
Yep MCI decals are very nice, got some for my Lunchbox project, just need to apply them.

Looking around for some small items on ebay and the hobby sites.
But why double or three times the cost for shipping vs the cost of a driver figure etc?
Makes things exspensive indeed.
And no shop have all the items needed, ughhh..

Todays rant :laugh:

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #51897

My basher Hornet donated the driver as it just sits there unpainted, fits this project much better.

And from one of my uncomplete Lunchbox I robbed the body post I needed.
Two things less on my list to get :y:

Would you remove the decals, polish the body while I wait for the decals to arrive, or do it when the decals shows up?
Maybe the last option so dust won't ruin the body before the decals?

I may end up getting both a new second body and decals for the shelf time, and run this body..

Richard's Falcon basket case project. Looks like a Falcon chassis now... 5 years 6 months ago #51901

If you ordered another body, leave this one lik it is. And make the new one perfect. ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.