Keyword

TOPIC:

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51182

Step 9, attaching front suspension.

Four screws and snapping on the steering rods, easy :)

Notice the aggressive angle. Again, Tamiya meant business!

Next is the rear suspension.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51183

Step 10, rear arms

Nice design here as well. Steel bar to keep things in place and bronze bearings.

This kit might be the one with most 2mm E- clips ? There's a total of 29 ! Every possibility to get to inspect the floor of my grey carpeted hobby room... :D

That's it for now. Waiting on screw bags with correct 3x12mm countersunk screws... (never thought it would be so hard to get 6 of those... (Tamiya brand of course))
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51186

Waiting on screw bags with correct 3x12mm countersunk screws... (never thought it would be so hard to get 6 of those... (Tamiya brand of course))

Ya, sometimes its that one little hardware item we need, quite awhile back had to find an entire screw bag just to get 1 of the countersunk washers for my avante wing :( , if no one would ever see it perhaps something could have been substituted but it's right on top so.....that was an expensive washer :unsure: ......

Keep going Lars, it's excellent!!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

Last edit: by oldwilly.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51191

:woohoo: lovely chassis
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51216

While waiting for the correct motor and the screws, I decided to build the dampers. :y:

Step 24 and 25, damper assembly.

As far as I know these dampers are unique to the Dyna Storm, both in looks and design. At a first glance they can be mistaken for Hi-caps, but these are called Sleeved Dampers.
The blue aluminium body and pass-through for the damper rod are both lined with a plastic (Nylon, I guess) sleeve. In addition the Sleeved damper does not have the traditional rubber dome seal inside the cap. It's designed to mix the air and oil inside the damper. Note the outside o-ring being the only seal to keep the oil inside the damper.

So let's go on with it...

All parts for the body lined up.

Sleeves inserted and body ready for rod.

Front dampers use a spacer on the rod to reduce the total length.

Rears same as front except the spacer.

All four ready for oil.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51217

Steps 26 and 27, filling damper oil and final assembly of dampers.

For the oil I decided to use Tamiya's blue, hard #600 oil. This oil was easy to vent, and when there is no oil seal venting doesn't have to be down to the last micro-bubble.

All dampers filled and ready for final assembly, parts lined up. The rears use a double set of spring spacers while the fronts use one. Note the 'extra' sleeve outside the body/inside the spring

And, all done.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51218

Strange shocks. But always marvelous. I definitely love the blue alloy. I need to have a dyna in my hand to study it in real life.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51219

Yes you do :D

I need to have a dyna in my hand to study it in real life.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51220

Not in the budget for the moment. :cry: I need to sale my big ones before. Or find a good deal like the tyrrell :whistle:

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51241

I finally got the correct screws to continue the build, and at the same time got a new 49190 kit motor :)

Six screws out of these six bags was all I needed, but still great to have all the rest as spares.

Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.