Keyword

TOPIC:

Re:58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51338

Most fasteners get mentioned in the manual and the screw bags are listed on the last pages.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51339

Most fasteners get mentioned in the manual and the screw bags are listed on the last pages.

Right, but those screw bags are not from the Dyna Storm so you need to know which other models to check. I suppose if you have a large collection of manuals it is not hard to look.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51340

In this case I searched for available screw bags on eBay and elsewhere, and checked against the manuals for the content. I also did the reverse, looked in manuals for screw bags with correct screws, then googled for the part numbers.

It took a lot of time to find these screws...
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re:58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51343

Right, but those screw bags are not from the Dyna Storm so you need to know which other models to check. I suppose if you have a large collection of manuals it is not hard to look.

Well its Lars we are talking about our walking and breathing Tamiya encyclopedia. ;) :laugh: :laugh:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51345

Sure! It's Lars... :y:

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51381

I understand now. So the best way to find out which screws are in which bags is "Be Lars". Or, failing that, "Know Lars". Good advice.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51385

I must object here! :D
Its not like I remember the database content by heart or anything, but I might be a little obsessed when it comes to details... ;)
And I have extensive training in googling!

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51401

I must object here! :D
Its not like I remember the database content by heart or anything, but I might be a little obsessed when it comes to details... ;)
And I have extensive training in googling!

-Lars

:laugh: :laugh:

Googling is my friend too, but pb ruined many pictures that are no longer to be seen.
So it makes it really hard sometimes.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51511

Back on track with this restoration/build...

Step 30 Motor.
As you may have seen, I've decided to put the 53122 Acto-Power Off Roader 2WD in this 58116 Dyna Storm. There was no motor in the kit, but Tamiya recommended in the manual the new, at the time, pink Acto-Power.

Step 31 Gerbox cover:

Cover on with the Tamiya MDC decal.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, oldwilly, stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

58116 Dyna Storm restoration 5 years 8 months ago #51532

Hey buddy, Did you end up with a spare one of these you would be willing to part with? :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.