Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's Vintage TA02 chassis build. Orginally either a 58136 or 58146. 5 years 7 months ago #51319

OMG!!! I have this version in 1/24. Maybe when I sold some rc, it would be ok for a capri. But I am not fan of tt chassis... that was what broken me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's Vintage TA02 chassis build. Orginally either a 58136 or 58146. 5 years 7 months ago #51325

OMG!!! I have this version in 1/24. Maybe when I sold some rc, it would be ok for a capri. But I am not fan of tt chassis... that was what broken me.

Same for me, I hated the TT02 chassis, did not like the big plastic drive cups, did not like the plastic spider gears and the suspension arms would pop out of the ball at the end rime after time.
Lipo killed the plastic gears in no time.
And I don't like the overall design of the chassis.

Therefore the TA02 fit the bill nicely :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's Vintage TA02 chassis build. Orginally either a 58136 or 58146. 5 years 7 months ago #51327

Sure! Ta02 is the best.... :blush:

Richard's Vintage TA02 chassis build. Orginally either a 58136 or 58146. 5 years 7 months ago #51405

Best part for the next week and a half is I'm lending my mates 2.8i Capri again :y: :y:

Capri party tomorrow on the country side.
No drinking on me due my liver conditions, but I will a have a great time with good friends.
Next weekend is the annual Capri meeting :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999

Richard's Vintage TA02 chassis build. Orginally either a 58136 or 58146. 5 years 7 months ago #51757

My plan was to paint etc before the Capri meeting, but I did not have enough time or energy to that.

But anyway I have purchased some supplies at my LHS :y:

Various masking tapes, PS-57 White Pearl paint, body foam washers, body protector strips, servo tape, Carbon strip to make a rear bodymount support, M3 spacer for the mount, body clips, tire glue and servo tester.

Oh, and I won another Zakspeed Capri kit during the Capri meeting :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 4 years 8 months ago #55779

Has it been really so long since last update????

A few may have spotted a bit progress on FB..

Earlier in the thread I said I wanted to make a rear diffuser on this one, so this weekend I worked a bit on this.

To bad Tamiya is not accurate on the void of the diffuser area, but a diffuser is better than non.
Cut the void out and made a paper template.

Made a brace from tailgate to diffuser using the dimps indicated on the tailgate for a racing wing.
Later it became clear that it was not needed anyway.

Bought a 0.8 aluminium sheet at my LHS and bent it after the template.
Chassis end is supported at the middle hole at bottom of the diff where the rear bumper/skid is usually mounted.
Simply used a M3 setscrew and a flange nut.

Some minor trimming might happen.

And I may have seen the real deal live ;) :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 4 years 4 months ago #57626

First reply for me😉
I to have a ta02 with a Capri body, not this one though that's on a tb03r.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, silvertriple

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 4 years 4 months ago #57627

Welcome to TamiyaBase, Sven!
Great looking Capri, you and Richard (Caprinut) should have some things to talk about ;) :y:

First reply for me😉
I to have a ta02 with a Capri body, not this one though that's on a tb03r.

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Svenb

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 4 years 4 months ago #57633

Thanks
Anything Capri for me👍

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #67486

Today I decided I wanted to get further with this project, and maybe have it ready for our annual Capri meeting 13-15th August.
And I will not have many rc days left before my move.

Anyway I started with sanding the wheelarchers with 220 grit paper and then a good soapy wash.
Here it is almost ready to be painted.

30 degree weather is really too hot for me, and without ac inside my apartment it is on the hot side too so I just got out for each coat.
Main color is PS-57 Pearl White instead of regular white to spize it up a little.
Front of spoiler is bright red as per instructions.
I did not want to use the headlight decals and I was out of any PS black.
Instead I painted on the outside with PS-55 Flat clear and then TS-29 Semi Gloss Black for the headlight bezel and grill area.

Needs a bit cleanup from some overspray, but not totally bad.
This will be my runner so I don't need it to be perfect.
Next one should be better.

Tomorrow will be even hotter so I deffo needs to be inside.
Just need to pop into my LHS for a bottle of Tamiya Paint Remover before the worst heat comes.

Hope I can build the rear spoiler and fit the decals before the heat gets me.
I was like a drowned sponge today lol.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.