Keyword

TOPIC:

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 3 months ago #53463

Good job, Now your eye wont twitch each time you look at the truck and notice that decal :blink: :pinch: .......... :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 3 months ago #53465

I'm impressed with how you fixed that!
Great work
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 3 months ago #53534

Impressive job.
I think that there is much satisfaction to be found in restoring.
This will be a keeper with a central place in your collection I may hope.

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 3 months ago #53541

Impressive job.
I think that there is much satisfaction to be found in restoring.

Hi Koen,
Thank you ! Yes, i'm very happy with the end result, specially knowing the state of the car when i got it !

Of course, this one will def be a keeper and end on the shelf next to my other 3 speed's.
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 2 months ago #53880

Impressive job.

Yes, this one is def a keeper and it’s already sharing a central position in my collection next to my other 3 speeds.

This one is just a bonus pic ha ha

Manotas
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 2 months ago #53882

Fantastic!!

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 2 months ago #53884

Yes, this one is def a keeper and it’s already sharing a central position in my collection next to my other 3 speeds.

Wow, that's quite a shelf! I see that you have 3 Bruisers sitting there. Apart from the color, what is the difference between them? Maybe one or more is the re-re? Interested to hear how you might have customized them. My only 3 speed (apart from some 1/14 tractor trucks) is the re-re Bruiser. I see that the Mountaineer is about to be released again but I am torn on whether or not to get it. From what I understand, it is exactly the same as the Bruiser apart from the missing sleeper box and the addition of a roll cage. Body is the same. Maybe I'm missing something (I usually am).

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 5 years 2 months ago #53997

Wow, that's quite a shelf! I see that you have 3 Bruisers sitting there. Apart from the color, what is the difference between them? Maybe one or more is the re-re? Interested to hear how you might have customized them. My only 3 speed (apart from some 1/14 tractor trucks) is the re-re Bruiser. I see that the Mountaineer is about to be released again but I am torn on whether or not to get it. From what I understand, it is exactly the same as the Bruiser apart from the missing sleeper box and the addition of a roll cage. Body is the same. Maybe I'm missing something (I usually am).

Hi Blakbird,
Thank you! Apart from the color there is no difference between them. All are original vintage ones. All besides the red have been restored and upgraded with bearings everywhere. I baught the red one as NIB and thought i'd leave it like that...but maybe i'll change my mind in the future as the paint isn't as i wanted to.
The re-re Mountainrider looks like the same as the Bruiser apart from the body. I really don't know if there are other mechanical differences as i don't own a re-re Bruiser nor a Mountainrider.

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 3 years 3 weeks ago #65311

Just like the wheelys wheeler, I finished this model with the Toyota logo on the back.

After preparing it for painting, I applied a coat of white primer

This was followed by painting and detailing. The letters were painted with white paint

And this is the final result.
It is now ready to join my shelf, completely finished.

Thanks for looking

Manotas
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

58028 Toyota 4x4 Hi Lux Resto 3 years 3 weeks ago #65313

The step side version is my favorite. You still did a shiny glossy 3 speed. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.