Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54169

Thanks aa lot Richard . I will take a picture this week. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54180

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

Edit: Found a picture.
If your car miss this aka smooth suspension arm and no bulky boxy thingy out of the gearbox, you have the early Mk1 type.
This is only a thing on mid and late production cars, and are most common.

Found a rubbish picture of mine, which I think is an early Mk1, that just about shows the other type of arms/gearbox (I've had it from new, but only recently learnt about all these differences!). The photo was taken last year when I was recommissioning it after 25 years in the loft, and fitting NovaFox dogbones to replace the worn out hexes (the second set of hexes it had got through in the 80s/90s, and the reason I stopped running it probably in about 1991).

Attachments:

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54181

Very interesting . Thanks for pictures AJB.

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54186

Edit: Found a picture.
If your car miss this aka smooth suspension arm and no bulky boxy thingy out of the gearbox, you have the early Mk1 type.
This is only a thing on mid and late production cars, and are most common.

Found a rubbish picture of mine, which I think is an early Mk1, that just about shows the other type of arms/gearbox (I've had it from new, but only recently learnt about all these differences!). The photo was taken last year when I was recommissioning it after 25 years in the loft, and fitting NovaFox dogbones to replace the worn out hexes (the second set of hexes it had got through in the 80s/90s, and the reason I stopped running it probably in about 1991).

Yep, that is indeed a early Mk1 :y:
Thanks for the picture.
I have not seen such a picture before, just been told how they are and manual pictures.
Thanks sir :y:

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54188

• AJB
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!

Thanks for the picture.
I have not seen such a picture before, just been told how they are and manual pictures.

It's funny - I got it and built it when I was maybe 12 years old in about 1987. It's only in 2018 that I realised different versions exist, and that mine is a "rare" early mk 1!! All these years I've assumed every other Fox was exactly the same as mine!

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54190

Thanks for the picture.

It's funny - I got it and built it when I was maybe 12 years old in about 1987. It's only in 2018 that I realised different versions exist, and that mine is a "rare" early mk 1!! All these years I've assumed every other Fox was exactly the same as mine!

I think we all did if we had cars that came in several versions.
Hornet is one example, the early ones had black connectors at the steering hub, later ones had white.
There is other things that is different to.

Think there is more cars in the Tamiya line up that have different tweeks during the production that most of us don't think of before we get that model or having it under a resto. I tend to search a bit when I work on my models, to see if I have the right part in the first place etc..
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54261

Continuing my Fox resto.

My chopped upper chassis got glued bck using Locktite epoxy.

It dries clear

Still a bit tacky after 20hours or so I will let it dry over the weekend.
The glue mess is allmost gone, just need to repair the misting bit with some styrene.
If you look closely you will also notice the hump in the split, also has a bump in it, that needs some attention.
Think it will turn out allright in the end with some paint.
And it will still have the vintage chassis when finished.

Painting figures is still my least fun task to do.
2 layers of red here, got a bit further on it now.
Base will be black, together with harness and steering wheel.
Will not show the drivers head before I'm finished, due the mess in progress

Another tric I picked up from the model builders, is to use dishwasher tablets to remove chrome or in this case plating that is basicly chrome with clear yellow on top.
Backside and the tire grooves were all silver before the dishwasher tablets.
My wheels need two rounds of this, first with 4 tablets in a little container, then the powder version.
Don't know if our dishwasher tablets are weaker than on the other markets.
My wheels needed some help with a kitchen sponge to remove the thin layer left.
The wheels have still some stubborn bits left, but I won't bother removing those.
All in all, happy how they turned out.
A bit of warning tho with those tablets as they can be itchy for your skin So you may want to wear gloves when doing so.

I have not noticed before, but my front wheels has this marking on the inside.
A really tiny script

Don't know if there will be any progress tomorrow as I'm heading out to do some scale truck trail driving tomorrow :)

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54262

Richard, I didn't found any spare. I think that they are already gone to another home. I am very sorry.
My fox is a early version without ears on upper rear arms.

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54263

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Richard's freebie, 58051 The Fox. 5 years 1 month ago #54264

Richard, I didn't found any spare. I think that they are already gone to another home. I am very sorry.
My fox is a early version without ears on upper rear arms.

Thanks for looking :y:

Hard to see, but the nub on the suspension arm is on the other side towards the shock tower if it has it.. ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.