Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55692

welp it was a fun run working on this car but its all fixed up photos.app.goo....LwQwnm8mYA and it runs like a dream and its fast last 3 things to fix is the battery holder and work stand the one made out of carbon fiber, the Tamiya Hotshot R Part aka the back wheel holders because the plastic was so brittle that is just snapped and the eec switch all of the new parts are on the way except the switch that I'm fixing my self. However I'm running it with a battery pack on the top of the car for the servos and receiver and it works well enough but I'm going to give the car a gt40 paint job and idk if I'm going to sell it and buy a super shot wish looks cooler or keep it since its one of the first models of the car. I know its the first because the bumper the 3 whole way so everyone that helped me thank you so much

(Answer will leave this thread open so i fixed my Hot shot it was me eec board that was bad and killing the car so there we go) My uncle recently gave me a Tamiya Hotshot 4WD and it seem all fine and dandy but on closer looks I realized that it's a first edition so it's more fragile but also there were broken parts such as the heat sinks wish I think I fixed but now I'm faced with the ultimate challenge of the car won't move when I put a battery in it. Well it moves a bit but won't expect my rc controller wish is a two Chanel am with the right Crystal but it won't move so anything will help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Unorganizedaccount. Reason: Fixed the problem added new and stuff lol

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55694

Have you got controlled your radio on another rc?
If you turn the msc with hand, does it work?

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55696

i have used two contorls one 1 970'S FUTABA 2 Channel TRANSMITTER RECEIVER FP-T2F R/C RADIO CONTROL and I've tried a lynkx controler (idk if that what its called) but it bassicly the same a 2 chanel am raido so they both should work but nethier work also This is like my first RC car that like this so im rather new to this

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55697

On these old radios there is no bec system. You need a battery for the receiver. Use a 4 cell clip to power the receiver and try your radio.
It could be easier to help you with pictures of your system.

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55698

Both the raidos have power and ive hard wired a couple of survos to the recivers and they work fine
And i will send pic but im in class at the moment but will when i get the chance and whats a bec
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Unorganizedaccount.

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55699

BEC is battery eliminator system. This avoids the use of a 4 cells clip.

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55700

oh ok ill try it out i have one of those

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55703

Here what I'm looking at

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55704

Attachments:

Last edit: by Unorganizedaccount.

Tamiya Hotshot 4WD (58047) Help 4 years 9 months ago #55706

Ok I took apart almost the whole car and I think my problem is futaba fp-r2gs it not working right so I'm most likely not going to get a new one and I'm just going to buy a new box and my uncle made it so that the bec runs of the battery of the car and not the Bec module I'll send a pic if u need it
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.