Keyword

TOPIC:

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56505

Assembling the suspension arms and gearbox

Assembling the front suspension arms and installed new rubber bushings

Installed all the period correct electronics including the MSC. I couldn't find black U-ball connectors to replace them...i only had white ones left. I guess i will have to order some for replacement.

Also got me a new set of wheels. Installed them without lettering them. I will paint the tire letter when i'll do the detailing on the body.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56506

This is how it looks for now:

More progress soon on the body.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56507

wahoooo!!! pretty new HB Manu. :y:

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56516

Paint (& new wheels/tyres) look fantastic :y: B)

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56525

Love it, looks gorgeous!

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56526

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

A little progress on this project :

I finished sanding the body and started the paint job :

Hi Manotas did you use any special type of paint on the shell. That body was never meant to be painted, but I have a body in exactly the same condition. So will hopefully follow your lead.
It looks great, lovely work.
Thanks Al

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56527

Hi Manotas did you use any special type of paint on the shell. That body was never meant to be painted, but I have a body in exactly the same condition. So will hopefully follow your lead.
Thanks Al

Hi Al,
I know that the body was bot meant to be painted...but it had so many scratches that it was impossible for me to leave it like that.
I use exclusively Tamiya paints on my models and the best matching paint with the body original color was TS15.

I just sanded the body after the repairs and applied a coat of translucid primer.

I also want to paint the louvers in black instead of applying the decals. Once this done and the decals applied i will clear coat the whole body.

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56529

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Thanks Al

Hi Al,
I know that the body was bot meant to be painted...but it had so many scratches that it was impossible for me to leave it like that.
I use exclusively Tamiya paints on my models and the best matching paint with the body original color was TS15.

I just sanded the body after the repairs and applied a coat of translucid primer.

I also want to paint the louvers in black instead of applying the decals. Once this done and the decals applied i will clear coat the whole body.

Hi Manotas, thanks for the reply. Thank you for the info. I was going to go Tamiya paint for the main colour, it was the primer info I was interested in.

Thanks again. Al

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56534

Hi Manotas, thanks for the reply. Thank you for the info. I was going to go Tamiya paint for the main colour, it was the primer info I was interested in.

Thanks again. Al

No prob Al,
I didn't used Tamiya primer on purpose. I think that either the white or grey Tamiya primer would change the look of the Tamiya TS15 paint.
I simply went to a hobby shop and got me some translucid primer for plastic parts. Just be carefull to let it dry according the specifications on the can in order to avoid any unwanted reaction with the Tamiya paint...and everything should be fine ;)

Last edit: by Manotas.

58023 Holiday Buggy restore 4 years 6 months ago #56536

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Thanks for the advice Manotas, much appreciated.
Al

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.