Keyword

TOPIC:

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57397

Hi,
Someone has got a wiper on eBay along with some tired rear lights.
Tony’s Tamiya Parts has got a tree with chromed exhaust ends.
Not original, but you could paint them ?!?
Or keep them bling !

I have the lights and wipers in watch. There is an incomplete c tree too.
Not found the tree tonys tamiya parts has. Is it not ment for this car but has the same exhausts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57398

The battery

Not really priority but wondering if i can revive it, or if i should put new cells in it, or if i should try and get some kind of lipo in it, or if i should do one of those things but with a tamiya 6v.
I guess ill bung it on charge first and see what it does.
Attachments:

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57399

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Can’t say I’ve ever seen an Acoms battery pack, nice.

I find trying to break apart glued in parts is so hit and miss.
I think a good soak is a start.

Something I’ve never tried, but I read someone suggest putting things in the freezer and then trying to prise them apart. Hopefully some one can confirm this or shoot in down in flames.

I think it depends on the glue and amount of it.

Good luck.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57400

Freezer sounds like a recipe for brittle plastic. Ill try warm water and gentle levering first, but will try freezing if it doesnt come loose.
I dont really expect there to be any magic solution, but thought id ask before i try.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57402

Discharge thoroughly & use a razor saw on the join, then glue up again afterwards :)

Citadel (Games Workshop's own brand on some items) used to make a nice one, but the current item is about 1/3rd as useful and 3x the price of the old one ... Tamiya make a nice big (& thin) one, part # 74024 .. it's about 16 GBP but comes with a spare blade.

Very nice restoration candidate BTW :y:

I don't know if Acoms radios are collectable as such, just what a lot of people in the UK would consider "correct" as they were usually a lot cheaper than Futaba sets in the late 70s and 80s so more likely to appear in "deal" packages. Maybe someone in the US might want that reciever, I'd keep the servos & try & get the other bits to suit it - unless you really want an Acoms set.

I thought I had a Futaba RX from the suitable era, but I've either misplaced it, already put it in a car, or completely imagined it :whistle: :(

My experience of "dismantling" XR311 and Lambo Cheetah bodies are that they're best firmly snapped apart - but I wouldn't want to try that on Countach windows. Do they really have to come out, or can you work on them in situ & mask for paint?

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57403

Woohaoooooo. A very nice lambo. CS version. It looks in a very very good condition with its period acoms. The tx are findable on the bay.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57404

Johnny retro

They could really do with coming out, if i want to make as good a job of it as possible.
Im not really bothered what radio gear is in it, as long as its period. Ill temporarily fit a 2.4ghz when i run it, the rest is just shelf duties.
Only asked about the futaba as i cant find any info on the receiver or servos.

The battery im pretty sure is already discharged thoroughly ? but ill test it, and once ive got a connector adapter ill see if my charger can do anything with it. I have an overlander rc6 vsr so it will tell me what charge it's taking and what its putting out.
I opened and recelled a hump many years back and just recently opened and modified my hardcase lipos so they would fit my tamiya so im not opposed to doing it again.
The acoms battery seems pretty rare, but that doesn't make it desirable. Id put a tamiya one in it but i assume its had this all its life so it should stay really.

It should resto very well, its in better condition that i expected. The diff however was shot. The gear that slides over the brass axle piece had snapped and the main gear then bent. Was lucky there was a spare new diff with it. I didnt know that when i bought it. I also have the solid axle gear, a few different pinions and one new screw bag.
Should be a nice little project.
I thought it would make more on ebay so didnt expect to win!

Last edit: by Graemevw77.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57405

Woohaoooooo. A very nice lambo. CS version. It looks in a very very good condition with its period acoms. The tx are findable on the bay.

Only the battery is acoms, radio is futaba. Wrong frequency for uk though and no TX, not that i want the tx anyway.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57406

I had a bug... sorry. These futaba gears are period. Late 70's early 80's.
images.app.goo....nDnAXruzU7
The following user(s) Liked this: Graemevw77

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57407

72mhz is a french band for airplanes basically.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.