Keyword

TOPIC:

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57431

I have a set of wheels that you are looking for with treaded Dunlop tires from 934 Porsche.May even have a set of original sponge tires and wheels.Need to look for those.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57432

I have a set of wheels that you are looking for with treaded Dunlop tires from 934 Porsche.May even have a set of original sponge tires and wheels.Need to look for those.

I cant help but feel 934 wheels need to go on a 934. I assume they are quite hard to come by?
I would still be interested though but im in the uk so shipping may make things too expensive.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57433

The wheels I have are from the Countach 580008 .The tires are Dunlop treaded .

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57434

The wheels I have are from the Countach 580008 .The tires are Dunlop treaded .

Ahh yes, i misread.
I would be interested, at least id then have tyres if a set of 58005 wheels ever turned up and the 58008 wheels i can put new foams on and run (assuming your 58008 tyres arent new)
As i say though, shipping may make it costly.
Let me know how much including shipping when you have had chance to look.
Thanks.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57435

Sorry but I wrote wrong kit number. Wheels are from 580005."Cookie Cutter" wheels.
Do you mind if we go private on this conversation?
Steve

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57436

Sorry but I wrote wrong kit number. Wheels are from 580005."Cookie Cutter" wheels.
Do you mind if we go private on this conversation?
Steve

Yes, thats fine :)

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57438

Your body looks fine. For the chrome you have nice paint or pens that recreate chrome.effects.
For your windows, a nice polishing should give a mint result. You have here a brut diamond for the resto. :y:

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57446

Ive been chipping away at the body, not much to show for it, just removing old glue and tidying things up a little.
I solvent welded the crack in the roof, may do purple robs needle trick but its feeling pretty solid. I think ill do all the body pieces with the same solvent (methylene chloride).
The windows were sat there, taunting me though, so i put the body aside and investigated. They are dirty, clouded, have a few missing areas which stuck to the body, but nothing that will be seen. The areas where the glue was have crazed badly and become very weak. There is the odd little crack but all behind the bodywork.

I soaked the glue crazed areas in solvent (its super thin and creeps into cracks) which made those areas solid again. I then cleaned them and gave them a quick polish just to see whats what and where is bad. I then ran a little solvent into the cracks to strengthen the piece further.

Its showing promise. I think ill need to maybe polish with the dremel to get the cloudyness better, cant go at it well enough with a cloth, but pretty sure all visible areas will end up acceptable.

In other news, thanks to a member here (im sure you all can guess who ) i should have all the pieces i needed to get this car done.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Graemevw77.

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57455

Seems the acoms nicad might not be dead after all! According to my charger its just took 2500mah of charge.
Discharging again now so ill see what figures it's doing then and then recharge it to see what it takes.
I know nicads can/should be stored fully discharged anyway, bit i didnt hold out much hope for this one!

58008 lp500s restoration 4 years 5 months ago #57458

Well, it discharged at 650mah so ill see what a couple of cycles does for it.

Tried the windows back in the car as i knew a small missing area would be seen...

My plan on this is to clean the area up as good as possible and maybe use some clear resin to rebuild that section of window. Anyone attempted anything similar?
It wont look quite as bad when the window is sitting in properly. There is still some cleaning up to do inside...

I also plan on filling the aerial hole in the roof

It will never be run with am radio gear and the 2.4ghz aerial will probably be able to be hidden inside but im still unsure. Leave the hole? After all, it is period. Or fill as it would look better on the shelf?
Attachments:

Last edit: by Graemevw77.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.