Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya 5836/5837 Quattro or Ascona, motor and pinion 4 years 4 months ago #57750

Hello everyone.

I restore an Opel Ascona and the Motor does not work.

My Problem is, the motor pinion seems to be pressed on, I don't get it off.

Which other pinion on a new motor could I use? How much teeth and which module?

Thank you all for your help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ernieks.

Tamiya 5836/5837 Quattro or Ascona, motor and pinion 4 years 4 months ago #57752

I don't have any direct experience with the Ascona, but I believe the pinion has two more teeth than the WilD willy M38, so you need a 17T, 0.6 Mod pinion. Unless you plan to use the period, black plastic endbell 540 you will also need to get some sort of spacer

:)

Tamiya 5836/5837 Quattro or Ascona, motor and pinion 4 years 4 months ago #57753

Okay, thank you very much, 0.6 mod 17T.

But what do I need to space?

Tamiya 5836/5837 Quattro or Ascona, motor and pinion 4 years 4 months ago #57754

If you look at the right hand motor bracket there's a round hole that's a perfect fit for the raised portion on the kit motor endbell.

Other motors don't have a bit at that height and/or diameter, so you need a spacer to make up the difference.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Tamiya 5836/5837 Quattro or Ascona, motor and pinion 4 years 4 months ago #57759

Ah, I see.

Thank you very much!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.