Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57943

Hi there everyone, i acquired this b2b sidecar a while ago in a job lot. i have repainted, and cleaned up the chassis and restored it with period electronics, i have the drivers and floor to paint of the bodyshell then it is finished. im currently waiting for the paints to arive as i didnt have the correct colour blue and red for the suits.

i will be ataching some before and after picture of what it was like and what it looks like now and the restoration phases.

Also i have heard from someone that there is a guy on here who has a moulding for the drivers foot for the car and makes reproduction ones to replace the original which often fall off and get lost. Mine is missing the foot so i wondered if anyone knew who made the foot or if anyone had one for sale. Any help would be appreciated.

Happy new year everyone also.

Thanks,
Ash

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57944

First pictures and inspection of the bodyshell. the whole lot was covered in thick dust. eveidently been stored for some time. i cleaned the grime off a bit to see what i was working with. the chassis had a few reminants of old acoms gear inside with broken wires. (i managed to repair those for another build). very grimy but complete. unfortunately i never took a photo of the chassis when it arrived. or cleaned, i have ones attached of the body.
body was in good condition with no cracks, one coat of paint and only one extra hole drilled in it. original peeling decals to finish it off as well.
Attachments:

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57945

i then stripped the paint off of the bodyshell and drivers and gave the chassis a clean up from the old radio gear and took it apart to be pollished and a couple of bits bent back to shape.
Attachments:

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57946

After stripping it down i used a fine cutting compound and my drill with the pieces clamped in a vice to tidy them up and make them look clean and fresh again. i did minimal pollishing as i didnt want them to look "brand new" or blingy. just cleaner and brighter.
painted the body in hafords car paint and applied repro mci decals to the bodyshell.
Added period acoms mk1 radio gear to the car and had it running round the living room carpet. very quick i must say.
Tidied all the wires up and added rubber bands to hold everything in place.

Just the drivers to paint now when the paints arrive for them.

also if anyone knows who makes the repro driver foot using a mould please could you let me know as i heard there is someone but i do not know who. i am missing the drivers foot and i know its going to really bug me that its missing when on the shelf.

Many thanks,
Ash
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57949

Woohwoohwoohhhooooooo. Nice find ashley. And this resto is awesome.
The following user(s) Liked this: ashley6626

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57950

Woohwoohwoohhhooooooo. Nice find ashley. And this resto is awesome.

Thank you :laugh:
I got the lot a while ago, came with a thunder dragon chassis and loads of other various spares for varous models, oh and a 50 metre spur of bungee cord for some reason lol. i got the lot for a bargain price from a bloke that does house clearances and found them in somones garage.

ive been putting it off for sometime as i have quite a few projets on the go but the past few days i finally made another start. ive always liked the originality of the b2b and when i saw it i had to have it.

Tamiya B2B sidecar restoration 4 years 2 months ago #57951

Yep the b2b is a rc ovni. I discovered it on tb forum and I would like to own one just for fun.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.