Keyword

TOPIC:

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 10 months ago #60312

• RLine
  • RLine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Today my wife let me know that she thinks I would have kind if addiction to the old Holiday Buggy. And she mentioned that the amount of delieveries by parcel services has significantly increased the last months...

I am not sure that she is right.... ;-)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, mongoose1983, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RLine.

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 10 months ago #60317

Whatever floats yer boat :y: b)

Is the aim to have at least 10 all the same (apart from driver t-shirt colours)?

The completist approach would be to have all the options covered - 540/380 motors, aftermarket gear covers, prototype decals, the green one that appears in the official Tamiya video, the re-release, plus all variations of the Sand Rover ... so in that sense, no, you're not addicted ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 10 months ago #60326

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Funny thing is that I do not have any interest to variations. I have had some of the cars coming with original Tamyia 540 motors with black backplate together with the original holder, but I sold them directly and changed to 380. Same for Sand Rovers. I puchased two in good shape but only to get the chassis and wheels, no interest for the body. Also sold. I also do not go for any re-release.

There was no target to get a certain amount of. But when I bought and restored the first, the second came and then I could not stop it. ;-). Because my storage was full now, I count the cars and was surprised by myself that I have 14. it is not only the chassis. I bought the cars complete, so I also have all the parts too and lots of spare parts where I coul not say no. So I think it some kind of addiction...

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 10 months ago #60336

Fantastic collection. I happen to have a Sand Rover, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to have a Holiday Buggy here. I think now I know why I haven't come across one by now, haha. It's interesting your story and what you said about your interest in this model. I guess for all of us there's some psychology behind collecting and the specific vehicles that caught our interest. Keep the pictures coming. Again, great collection!

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 9 months ago #61110

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Today the Holiday Buggy collection got its final place in my home cinema. I think that is a perfect storage. Climate controlled and 95% of the time 100% dark, no UV exposure. Maybe I will add some special lights for that row to get them more shiny.

Unfortunately after counting I noticed that I already have need for more shelf place. There a 4 in completion and another 3 purchased and will come the next weeks. I cannot leave the finger from the bid button on listings in UK because the Brexit clock is ticking and after that it will get 19% more expensive…
Attachments:

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 9 months ago #61113

You have got a thing for the Holiday buggy don't you ;) What is it about them that makes them your must have?

My custom HB on a Bush devil chassis and customised wheels, I really will get it finished ....... Some time hahaha.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 9 months ago #61116

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild

You have got a thing for the Holiday buggy don't you ;) What is it about them that makes them your must have?

My start with RC was somewhere in the 80s when my father bought me a Simprop SAM FM radio with receiver, servos, etc. but no model. So I built my first model from LEGO but controlled by servos. Only suitable to crawl over the carpet. Then at end of the year my Cristmas present was the Holiday buggy. My first real RC model. And I remember very well how I assembled it till deep in the night. Somewhere at midnight I was ready and took my first round outside on our street with fresh snow on it. Never forgot that moment.
Then getting older I have driven and flown almost everything. From 1:24 electric to 1:5 gas, boats, planes, helicopters etc. Worked in R&D for German RC companies (Robbe, Multiplex) for many years.
After many years I stopped RC hobby, sold all the stuff, changed my career to other scope. Don´t ask me why…
Nowadays (52y old meanwhile) I started to collect and restore items of the past. It began with a Holiday Buggy and a Land Jump. That is why I am only interested in particular models. Why one model per type is not enough…..don´t no why. But such question no collector can answer you sufficiently… ;-)

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 9 months ago #61118

Your madeleine de Proust. ;)

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 9 months ago #61119

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Flo, I've just looked up the meaning of that saying and very apt indeed.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Holiday Buggy Restoration 3 years 9 months ago #61120

Not sure that if I translated it I will be ok... :D

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.