Keyword

TOPIC:

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58350

Ranger front rims (or at least some of them) are deeper dish than the brat fronts, I can't remember the measurements off the top of my head but yours look to be the "regular" kind.

Re your "Re-re" "front suspension axles" if you mean that they have the sticky out nubbins that locate the end of the springs on the outside, rather than being on the inside, tapped for M2 screws, there are a number of features on the vintage cars that are generally referred to as "Mk.1" and "Mk.2" (though perhaps more correctly "early" and "late") as the SRB chassis evolved, these are documented somewhere on the site ...

:)

I'm not at all conviced your cat is at all "pure" bred, BTW - but she looks better for it, the trend seems to be breed them purely for gremlin-esque ear size, regardless of the other issues that might go along with it (dwarfism, especically of the legs, etc)- yours looks to be a much healthier looking "hi lift" version ;). I hope she has a suitable name, like "Pyewacket" or "Gizmo" ;) ... I've noticed that when at the vets, they call out the cats name, followed by your surname, so I'm determined to name my next cat something like "Ribbidibbidibbidumbahdeh", "Rumtetumtetiger" or maybe even "Blyaat!" :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58351

Ranger front rims (or at least some of them) are deeper dish than the brat fronts, I can't remember the measurements off the top of my head but yours look to be the "regular" kind.

Thanks for the info, most useful!

Re your "Re-re" "front suspension axles" if you mean that they have the sticky out nubbins that locate the end of the springs on the outside, rather than being on the inside, tapped for M2 screws, there are a number of features on the vintage cars that are generally referred to as "Mk.1" and "Mk.2" (though perhaps more correctly "early" and "late") as the SRB chassis evolved, these are documented somewhere on the site ...

:)

These are the parts, the original one is on the left, the one on the right is from 30 years ago.

I'm not at all conviced your cat is at all "pure" bred, BTW - but she looks better for it, the trend seems to be breed them purely for gremlin-esque ear size, regardless of the other issues that might go along with it (dwarfism, especically of the legs, etc)- yours looks to be a much healthier looking "hi lift" version ;). I hope she has a suitable name, like "Pyewacket" or "Gizmo" ;) ... I've noticed that when at the vets, they call out the cats name, followed by your surname, so I'm determined to name my next cat something like "Ribbidibbidibbidumbahdeh", "Rumtetumtetiger" or maybe even "Blyaat!" :D

She is called Eve but there is a longer name on the pedigree certificate. Maybe I am mistaken about her being a pure Devon Rex?

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58352

I'm quite happy to admit I was wrong - looks to be a genuinely pedigree cat :)
No reference to "that sodding tom from next door" at any point in her genealogy ;)

Your suspect part is almost certainly a home-turned replacement for a bent or broken one :)

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58353

I'm quite happy to admit I was wrong - looks to be a genuinely pedigree cat :)
No reference to "that sodding tom from next door" at any point in her genealogy ;)

Your suspect part is almost certainly a home-turned replacement for a bent or broken one :)

No need to apologise, I am in no way a cat aficionado - I have only previously owned rescue cats - we got this breed because if the low molting.

i think you are right about them being home made - the servo saver is made out of metal - I assumed the new one was only plastic becasue Tamiya cheaped out on the re-release, but not so it seems...

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58355

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58359

Jenna (pedigree name Churston Chocolatetime) doesn't do photogenic - this is her in my underpants drawer, checking it out in case it led to Narnia :whistle:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, NorthernMonkey

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58363

wow.. they are both beauties! :woohoo:

Got the front end all cleaned up and ready to go back together - waiting on one of the screw bags to arrive in the post. Used some very fine wire wool to bring back the shine on the aluminum roll bar and front tubes.

Pics to follow once I start re-assembly.

I'm quite sad that most of the car is too far gone - the gearbox casings are worn out at the output shafts where the bearings were worn so badly - the same is true of the rear suspension arms - ballraces were out of my reach when I was a lad.

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 2 months ago #58364

Minibus ready to run the srb :D
Attachments:

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 1 month ago #58419

Re front wheels, I foound this in an old thread:

Ranger front wheels have a deeper "dish", they have about 2.5mm offset compared to the Brat & Pajero wheelie :)

Very Rough, Rough Rider resto... 4 years 1 month ago #58422

Mine look like the Pajero/Brat variant.

Things have stalled on the build while I wait for a part to arrive from Japan.

I should be able to assemble the front end tomorrow, so pics to come.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.