Keyword

TOPIC:

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 3 days ago #58666

I'm not in the mood of working on the electronics... i still need to rewire the MSC and motor wires but i was more in the mood to start working on the body.
As the weather conditions of last week were perfect for a paint job, i just went for it.

Cleaning the body...in the kitchen's sink.. luckily my wife is not aware otherwise she would have killed me

Removed all the old decals

I started the sanding process, applied white primer coat and painted it in TS15 blue. As i already have the orange version of the RR, i though having a blue one could be a nice thing to display it next to the other one.

Once painted i masked all the blue parts to paint the white stripes. I Actually i wanted to use the pattern i made for my first RR, but it seems that the white lines of the blue version are not identical to the orange one. So i modified them and masked it.
I know, wisdom says that lighter colors should be painted first but as i had great results in the past working like this i went for the same procedure.

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 3 days ago #58667

Awesome work! I wish my car was in as good a condition to allow the re-use of more parts.

Thank you ! Mk1 parts are indeed hard to find and i was lucky enough that all thos parts where still there and unbroken...that's the reason why i bought it.
If you need any vintage non Mk1 parts i might have some left if needed !

Looking forward to see pictures of your RR.
Manotas

That is greatly appreciated, I have everything I need to complete mine but most of it is now Re-Re. I'm ok with this as it has been sat in my parents attic for 20+ years so to see it running again will be great!

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 3 days ago #58669

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Manu, lovely resto. That’s one lovely mk.1 Rough Rider. Great purchase as well complete and in pretty good condition considering.
Can’t wait to see the finished car.

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 3 days ago #58670

You did a perfect resto Manu. ( Comme d'hab...) The gear case is awesome. When I wouldn't be locked at home, I will rework on my srb ;p
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 2 days ago #58675

Painting works could go on....
I removed all the masking tape and started to put the decals on.
A while i could buy an entire decal sheet i found on the net by coincidence for a ridiculous price. Anyway, it's time to use them

I already cutted them and applied them. Some of them had to be glued with a little help as the original glue on the decals got perished...

The body is now ready for a few coats of clear lacque... and while the lacquer is drying, I went after the driver
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by Manotas. Reason: Picture Editing

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 2 days ago #58676

Working on the driver

I still need to finish the head, I painted the helmet in dark blue with a white stripe, pictures will follow.

In the meantime the body is now dry and all the decals are now sealed.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 2 days ago #58677

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, NorthernMonkey

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 2 days ago #58678

In between i worked in the electronics, mostly rewiring and soldering the connections.
Installed new connector between MSC and motor

I had to rework on those wires and poor soldering.

Installed the Servos, MSC and the receiver. ( Well expert eyes will notice that the servo's are not corrected to the receiver. Unfortunately i do not have a receiver that is compatible with the servos connector)
Anyway that 's a detail as this car will only be displayed, but as soon as i get a correct receiver it will be replaced.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: NorthernMonkey

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 2 days ago #58679

Fantastic manu. :y:

58015 Mk1 Rough Rider Revival 4 years 2 days ago #58680

absolutely stunning work, I hope mine turns out half as good as yours Manu :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.