Keyword

TOPIC:

Mountainer/bruiser 3 years 9 months ago #60823

It was my car? Then it was the other way, a mountaineer I put tput the sleeper from a bruiser... Then I capsized on a too tight turn
Scratches and the broken fender were the price of my reckless
Driving. Then got tired of it, before I break something expensive...

yes it was .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mountainer/bruiser 3 years 9 months ago #60836

Thanks Al. Had to cut them up from some spare red decals so i am afraid they are a little wavy.

Mountainer/bruiser 3 years 8 months ago #61381

Sting. Good job restoring the Bruiser, it looks like new now. I've been focusing on my motorcycle license, practicing almost every day with my heavy bike and studying for the tests. So there's been very little RC-car time lately. To log in to Tamiyabase once in a while is like having a cool drink on a hot summer day, refreshing and relaxing.

But you aren't using Tamiya base paint? Yours is black, I've only seen white and grey basepaints.

And, something I'm always reminded of is that tall single front bodypost. It seems to fragile and unstable holding the front part of the body with only that one little pin! Like the Brat and Sand Scorcher that also use only one single front bodypost. The Sand Scorcher has some support from the sides as well, but in time and with some offensive running the plastics around the front lower part gets scrubbed, and then the body sits loosely, rattling and scrambling. The Brat has a little lighter body, so the rear two holders compensate some for the front post. But I cannot help feeling there's something needed to be done here.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by uncletom.

Mountainer/bruiser 3 years 8 months ago #61384

Sting. Good job restoring the Bruiser, it looks like new now. I've been focusing on my motorcycle license, practicing almost every day with my heavy bike and studying for the tests. So there's been very little RC-car time lately. To log in to Tamiyabase once in a while is like having a cool drink on a hot summer day, refreshing and relaxing.

But you aren't using Tamiya base paint? Yours is black, I've only seen white and grey basepaints.

And, something I'm always reminded of is that tall single front bodypost. It seems to fragile and unstable holding the front part of the body with only that one little pin! Like the Brat and Sand Scorcher that also use only one single front bodypost. The Sand Scorcher has some support from the sides as well, but in time and with some offensive running the plastics around the front lower part gets scrubbed, and then the body sits loosely, rattling and scrambling. The Brat has a little lighter body, so the rear two holders compensate some for the front post. But I cannot help feeling there's something needed to be done here.

I used automotive paints. Transparent primmer , mat black , Renault cherry red and 2 or 3 clear coats.

Mountainer/bruiser 3 years 8 months ago #61386

Aha, paints for real cars? Interesting. What brand? I will try it too I think.

Mountainer/bruiser 3 years 8 months ago #61394

Ixell and Renault sprays. :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.