Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Blakbird's 58256 Juggernaut 2 Build 3 years 11 months ago #59570

Also, I knew about the body differences with the F-350, but I think there is also a small difference between both Juggernaut bodies. If you have the chance to compare maybe you can confirm this?

I don't think there is any difference in the body between Juggernaut 1 and 2, but since I only have the latter I don't have any way of checking. There is nothing about the differences in the chassis that would necessitate a change in the body.

One more thing, I think with certain orig parts you can always de-grade a TXT-1 to make a Juggernaut II. Am I wrong?

The TXT-1 uses big machined aluminum side plates and cantilevered suspension so it is very different. It uses the same axles but with axle mounted servos. Even the transmission changed slightly to use a 6mm output shaft instead of 5mm. With all those things together, I don't think you could reasonably convert a TXT-1 to a Juggernaut or vice versa. However, converting between Jugg 1 and 2 is quite possible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Blakbird's 58256 Juggernaut 2 Build 3 years 11 months ago #59600

Nice work!

I also seem to recall difference between the two Jugg bodies.
Will take a look and see if I can find some info :y:

Blakbird's 58256 Juggernaut 2 Build 3 years 11 months ago #59601

I have a body set for the juggernaut 1&2 came with two decal sheets not two body's so guess it's just the stickers.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Blakbird's 58256 Juggernaut 2 Build 3 years 11 months ago #59604

I don't think there is any difference in the body between Juggernaut 1 and 2, but since I only have the latter I don't have any way of checking. There is nothing about the differences in the chassis that would necessitate a change in the body.

Yes, the Jugernaut bodies have differences. I'm quoting a guy who owns both trucks here:

The only difference I have spotted is on the rear shell, the front shells seem identical. On the Jugg2 there is a raised area around the rear mount holes which matches the shape of the hinge assembly and makes lining the bodyshell up easier. The Jugg1 doesnt have this feature.

Source: www.tamiyaclub....different/

Unfortunately, Tamiya has done slight changes like these many times, just to confuse (and let down) their fans. The Subaru Brat body instantly comes to mind. The first one, then the mudblaster, and then the re-re. It did not matter the changes made to the ORV chassis throughout the years did not really affect the way you attach the body. :(

Blakbird's 58256 Juggernaut 2 Build 3 years 11 months ago #59612

Wasn't aware of a difference between the Brat and Mud Blaster. Do you recall what it was?

Blakbird's 58256 Juggernaut 2 Build 3 years 11 months ago #59632

Wasn't aware of a difference between the Brat and Mud Blaster. Do you recall what it was?

Check the rear bed section of your Brat, some recess or something. I remember being disappointed when finding out. It's not a serious change but you know we don't appreciate that kind of thing. I don't have the body anymore, but I'm sure there must be some pictures in the net. I'll check for that.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.