Keyword

TOPIC:

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #61989

The France was different. 26 and 41 were generic bands and 72 for flight. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #61993

Hmm strange maybe the original builder was into flight had all the 40mhz gear and decided to utilise it!

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #61995

I got some gear from Hong Kong a while back and didn't realise that 40MHz is apparently pretty standard there...

Edit - I think it all depends on what frequencies the country in question frees up. I had to figure out if it was even legal to use - some of the higher 40MHz bandwidths are actually reserved for the military here.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Edou.

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #61996

I got some gear from Hong Kong a while back and didn't realise that 40MHz is apparently pretty standard there...

Edit - I think it all depends on what frequencies the country in question frees up. I had to figure out if it was even legal to use - some of the higher 40MHz bandwidths are actually reserved for the military here.

OK I'm in the UK is that where you are?

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #61997

I'm in the Netherlands, Moonraker1. I think 35MHz was most common here.

Edit - 27MHz most common, 35MHz only for airplane models apparently.

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #61999

I remembered there was an issue getting crystals to properly work with it...

Newly discovered (or not realised before) that European frequencies end with a "half" digit - a 5 - such as 40.685MHz.
Crystals ending with a zero are used in Japan... like one of the pairs I got.

Should you run into any issues, this could be the cause (my transmitter became jittery with the incorrect ones).

Edit - This was a nonsense post, later realising that this particluar transmitter is synthesizable and only needs a receiver crystal...

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #62236

Hi Moonraker1, I don’t know anything about this particular ESC, but I think what Stingray is trying to say is that there should be somewhere on the ESC to adjust it.
I’d wire it all up and have it plugged into the car.
Look for either an opening on the case or a part that turns. Some of my old ones have a hole in the case and you put a small screw driver in to adjust the ESC.
Switch it on, if the wheels start spinning then you need to adjust the ESC to make them stop. So that the wheels only turn when you push the controller forward or back.
Maybe post some pics and someone on here can see what you’re dealing with.

Thanks @Al I now finally have compatible crystals & transmitter and I was able to try it out and everything seems to work OK. But as you say it looks like it needs some minor adjustment as when I switch it on the drive wheels rotate momentarily for about half a dozen rotations and then stop. I looked on the ESC and there are two adjustment holes in the casing, one that says "Neutral" with a letter "B" on left end of the scale and a letter "F" on the right end of the scale. The second adjustment hole is marked "High" with a volume type scale increasing in a clockwise direction. I assume the "Neutral" control is the one to adjust to control the wheel movement on start up? If I am correct in my assumption then what is the "High" adjuster used for?
Thanks in anticipation.

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #62237

The high is to adjust the max speed in full throttle. You can adjust it. When you need speed or run time.

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #62238

Thanks I'll have a play this weekend 😁
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Graupner Speed-PROFi 30 Info/User Manual Required 3 years 6 months ago #62240

"B" is for Back or reverse, and "F" is for Forward.
Adjust this so the vehicle do not move.

"High" is adjusted for the top end, aka full speed.
Hold the throttle and adjust till it does not gain more speed.
That is like adjusting 100% movement on modern radios as radios these days adjust the speed controller as there is simply no adjusting knobs on modern speed controllers as they don't need it.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.