Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62733

• RLine
  • RLine's Avatar Topic Author
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi there,
during my several restaurations of old Holiday Buggy I noticed two things which have been obviously changed within the time period when the Buggy was sold.
First change is on the front chassis tabs. There was kind of reinforce added. I think to avoid cracks at the small wall above the openinges for the servo rods. So I assume that the reinforced came later.
The other thing I noticed is change on the resistor of the MSC. There is one with grooves before full throttle position the other does not have those. I assume that is was made to avoid damage by heat/current in case that the servo was not adjusted correctly and at full throttle on the radio the controller did not stand in full open position.

Does anybody know other changes on that chassis type since start of sales and does anybody know the introduction years of above mentioned changes?

Thanks
Harry
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by RLine.

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62734

Nice spotting :y: B)

Shame Tamiya didn't reinforce the chassis where it actually breaks :whistle: ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: koenc, RLine

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62737

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
So True !
The next repair at that spot is just curing..
Attachments:

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62748

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Found another one. Steering rods w/wo servo saving wire bend. I assume that Tamiya found out that without any servo protection there is no long driving without killing the gears and they made this cheap improvement.

Because I found all these together in combination (Chassis with short tabs, MSC resistor without grooves and steerings rods without bend) in an very old Holiday Buggy I assume that these are the design of first editions.
Big question now is when was it changed. Is there any item where there the year of production engraved?
Attachments:

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62759

• RLine
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
both tabs on the old chassis without reinforcements repaired. Both were fully broken with missing piece in the middle. No Paint.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62760

Top work :y: B)
The following user(s) Liked this: RLine

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62761

Incredible work. Congrats.
The following user(s) Liked this: RLine

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62773

Perfect proof that Tamiya is fantastic, this needs to be celebrated. Just confirmed that our world isn't completely turing to *baaad word*, and that people at Tamiya are actually doing a job well done. Ofcourse we already knew that, but this confirms it once again. And thanks Rline for pointing it out to us.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

History of changs on Holiday Buggy58023 / Sand Rover 58024 3 years 4 months ago #62779

IDK, a lot of the time I feel I buy Tamiya RC in spite of Tamiya, not because of them :whistle: ;)
The following user(s) Liked this: uncletom

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.