Keyword

TOPIC:

58005 / 58008 Countach 3 years 1 month ago #64692

new gears ?? i like this! every step of the build!
they look like my porsc... matra gears ;) 
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by poebe.

58005 / 58008 Countach 3 years 1 month ago #64696

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Poebe, there seems to be two types of gear sets for these cars. I don't know how many different models it relates to, but certainly for the Countach / Celica LB and the 936.

The white set above are what I believe are the standard differential gear set, part number  SP1011.

And then there's part no. SP1077, which they call the small set.

These are interesting in that it has 2 bevelled gears instead of the 3 on the white set.
Also this small set does not have metal axles going through the gear. It's all moulded plastic.
In the catalogues this small gear set are shown in black as in my photo.
But I recently picked up a set moulded in white. 
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 10 months ago #66691

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

So after having bought 2 very much used Countach bodies this NIB one came up on FB one Saturday morning.
It’s not the most expensive I’ve seen, but still not cheap. I took a deep breath and bought it.

What I can do is try to mould some of missing parts from the other 2 shells. So I’m considering this an investment.

I picked up an early Acoms servo as well.
We’ll see what happens with this ??
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, RLine

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 10 months ago #66692

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

So here’s everything laid out.
As the title of the thread is 58005 / 58008, I wasn’t sure what direction this was taking.
I managed to pick up a new CS chassis and a  rear wing from Rob ( Purple Rob ).

So a 58008 chassis is for certain.
I recently picked an NIP motor mount for the 58005 version.
So at this point I’ve got my eye on making both versions.
Especially with 3 body shells to use.
The plan now is to restore the 2 used bodies, if they look any good I’ll probably sell one.
It will be nice to use the NIB one.

More bits bought and a bit of sorting out.

So I’ve got the white and black differentials. I’d still like to know which model the black one came with or whether it was an option ??
Another new purchase is the front steering NIP set. So the 58008 version I’m hoping to build will be pretty much all new parts.

My hobby space has been over run by work material at the minute which is really holding things up. So although working from home has been great, the sooner I can start clearing this stuff out and back to the office the better.
All of my projects are in boxes and it’s just got  to be a bit disheartening to keep getting the right box out, try and do some work and then have to pack it all away again.
My garage needs a good clear out if I’m going to be able to paint anything, so everything has really slowed big time for any build plans.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, poebe, RLine, quattrokid, jord001

Last edit: by Al.

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 3 months ago #70048

Hi Al, any updates on this Countach saga ?

Cheers Sandy
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 3 months ago #70050

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Sandy, thanks for asking, but unfortunately nothing has moved on. Everything is sitting in boxes.
The following user(s) Liked this: quattrokid, jord001

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 3 months ago #70082

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I tell a lie, there is a small update on this Countach saga, I did manage to get a NIP front steering set up for the 58005 version as well as a wheel stopper set. Also a 380 motor.
And I’ve been picking up some period correct servos for some of my vintage builds.
The bad news was I stupidly missed out on an original chassis set, which I’m kicking myself about, as I could have completed the full 58005 chassis.

My office / hobby space is still full of too many boxes from work and general work stuff, which is now getting me down as it’s really holding up any progress on my projects.
I would like to be able to start laying projects out and getting sorted, but my space just seems to be shrinking.
We need to carry on working from home for the start of the year, but I’m thinking I’ll get a courier to pick up most of the work stuff and take it back to my office ???!!!
I’ll see that helps ????
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, quattrokid, silvertriple, jord001

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 3 months ago #70085

Hi Al. Yes its hard to work in clutter and no space..... Good to see the old stock packs. That steering set is not actually for the 59005 Countach though but some parts within might work, correct one is part number 500(67).....And the wheel stopper set is for the 58008 CS version.

Cheers Sandy,.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 3 months ago #70086

@Al, I see I'm not alone to have my hobby space (usually cluttered with my Motorbike items in progress, my Sim Racing seat and now RC cars) is also cluttered with my work stuff. And to add over this some other administrative things on top of that...
Had shuffled some stuff and get some room space, but I still have to manage the desk surface, and that is the most uneasy stuff as it involves sorting stuff...And the fact is, to get the things back in the right place, you need to sort first...
I imagine the result of a RC related box landing in my work office... That would be probably fun the time I'll find and open it, but it may very well be found that someone else opens it by mistake at the end...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

58005 / 58008 Countach 2 years 3 months ago #70087

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Hi Al. Yes its hard to work in clutter and no space..... Good to see the old stock packs. That steering set is not actually for the 59005 Countach though but some parts within might work, correct one is part number 500(67).....And the wheel stopper set is for the 58008 CS version.

Cheers Sandy,.

Cheers Sandy, you’re right, it’s the F2 steering set !!! Oh well another part for the random parts box.
I thought the wheel stoppers were universal on the early models, thanks for that.
cheers.

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, quattrokid, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.