Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58001 Porsche 934 RSR 3 years 1 month ago #65005

And I think hopefully the final bits for this build.

The chrome head light holder and small glass bits ( from a Big Scale kit ), but as the moulds are all the same, should fit fine.

The W tree was reused for the Tam Tech model.
What I don't understand is why Tamiya just remoulded this exactly as it had been. They normally remove the parts no longer necessary, which is really annoying when we wish they'd left the torsion bars on the XR311 parts tree.
They've had a few opportunities to really help out people who restore early cars and they haven't, so this one was just puzzling.

More little details from a Big Scale kit. I got this just in case ??

And last but not least, the original dry cell battery boxes. These pop every now and then. They come in black and white. I have no idea why, I don't know if they used a particular colour on certain models as these came in the 935, 936 and the first Countach model. I don't think they were in any subsequent kits.

So at this point I think I have everything to produce a good version of the 934 RSR , with the exception of the speed controller.

Thanks.

Congratz dude!! i love this cars! and the 935 also!
I am the dude behind the reversed engineering of this car!
tamiyabase.com/...nfo-wanted

this one must be one of the first japanese cars !
tamiyabase.com/...bout-58001

There’s also a red shell sold as a spare body set. The white shells are static kit and/or v early first Japanese sales - some with white battery boxes, red ribbon and white servo stays etc. Green shells are main production run sales - normally with black battery boxes, blue ribbons and black servo anchors. Black shells and kits were never sold - they were given to Tamiya distributors to celebrate 100k unit sales. They have anodised parts and unique packaging / manual. Which is rarest ? All of them these days.If it comes down to splitting hairs, it’s likely either the v early Japanese ‘whites’ or later never sold ‘blacks’ - with both being highly collectible. There’s no clear record of unit production - or survivorship - for either back then but my gut says the ‘black’ is still rarer ... purely because it never entered a mainstream production run.Others on here will probably disagree 😂
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, Lemsko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by poebe.

58001 Porsche 934 RSR 3 years 1 month ago #65009

This build is going to be so fun to watch.  They don't get any more classic than this.  I am really looking forward to your progress.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

58001 Porsche 934 RSR 9 months 2 weeks ago #75712

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

More paint stripping, but this time the 934.
This first picture is how it came to me.

1st cycle of graffiti remover. 
2nd cycle of graffiti remover.
 I’m going to let it dry thoroughly and see what I can pick off with a scalpel.

And both of the first two Tamiya Porsches together.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

58001 Porsche 934 RSR 9 months 2 weeks ago #75713

I love them.

58001 Porsche 934 RSR 9 months 1 week ago #75724

I love them.

I 2nd that!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.