Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73284

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I have unwittingly bought the last of the rc cars I used to own in the early 80’s.
It’s like a collection within my overall collection.
Anyway here are the pics of the Ferrari 312T3.

It’s in very good condition. Everything is present apart from the motor and MSC. I’ll have a good read through of the manual to check. I suspect I’m missing the metal plate to mount the MSC servo. I guess when you’ve been collecting for a while you acquire parts you don’t think you’ll ever need. I’m pretty certain I have 2 of the servo plates. I’ve also got a brand new gear box / motor mount somewhere.

I almost didn’t buy this car, but I’m so glad I did. It’s a great feeling car and I think it looks so good.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Al.

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73285

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

I’ve already started the tear down. It’s a part of doing a restoration that I enjoy, it always comes with it’s challenges, but I like to discover what condition all of the parts are in and then trying to return them back to somewhere approaching their original condition.
There’s an interesting use of glue as an alternative to thread lock ???
The only broken bit seems to be one of the back plastic side pieces. But some glue and a clean and it will be good.
The chrome parts are in fairly good condition, I’ll have to see how they clean up.
The tyres are in remarkable condition considering their age.
The front bumper is looking good, a bit of road rash on the bottom, but I’ll try to sand those down. We’ll just have see how this one goes, I know a few screws are going to be a challenge!!!!
The ESC is interesting, it says Phil Greeno models on the back. It looks exactly like a Demon ESC I have which would have been for sale at a similar time to when this one was brought out. I’ll post some comparison pics.
The Futaba radio gear is correct for the time period.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Last edit: by Al.

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73286

I'm too glad to see this car with period radio. It looks so nice with its patina. Just a soapy wash for the chromes and the body. And let's go. At your place, I would keep the body as it is. Lightly yellowed. 
I had to paint the ligier because it was tobacco yellowed and no more blue but more green....
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, Lemsko

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73287

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Flo I was considering leaving the body as is. The only issue is there is a small section broken off where one of the body mounts should be.
I’ll work on the chassis first.
Thanks for the encouragement.

I think I’ve put this thread in the wrong section, my apologies admin.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73289

Can't say it's my favourite F1 car, but it's from an era when F1 cars looked like F1 cars, F1 races looked like races, and RC cars had metal, and detail :y: B)

nb will also move the thread :)

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73290

In an other way , Al, a resto could be very interesting with a set of mci decals. I used them for all my f1 f2 .

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73291

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Can't say it's my favourite F1 car, but it's from an era when F1 cars looked like F1 cars, F1 races looked like races, and RC cars had metal, and detail :y: B)

nb will also move the thread :)

cheers Jonny.

The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73297

Congrats Al, really nice example of that style Ferrari. I love these oldies and they are difficult to find in this condition. Cudos for "recollecting" the ones you had as a kid, I try to do the same! 

I hope you post the rebuild!

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73298

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Jim, thanks. I’m just glad I didn’t have any other rc cars in the 80’s it’s not been cheap to do. That’s not a complaint, just my stupid determination????
The restoration will be posted, it’s one of my favourite parts of the sight and I don’t think we have Ferrari 312T3 in the vintage build’s section.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Ferrari 312T3 1 year 4 months ago #73300

what a coincidence. i just saw this ad tamiyabase.com/...t-uprights
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.