Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Manotas's vintage Bruiser restoration 11 years 11 months ago #9511

Oh, & assuming they've been designed-for-purpose (Size, pitch, material etc), plastic gears are far better than metal due to their shock-absorbing & anti-wear properties. They only give up when inpregnated with metal contaminants or have been lubricated with something that weakens the plastic eg automotive grease, WD40 etc. Best lube for plastic is talc or silicone oil/grease if you must, but most plastic gears rely on the material's natural self-lubricating properties & adding anything "wet" only attracts dirt, which is what causes the wear (Same for plastic bearings, they're better left dry)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Manotas's vintage Bruiser restoration 11 years 3 months ago #16877

Very nice restoration and great work on the transmission.

Dont know if you see this manual and article on the tamiya bruiser transmission but it can help.

tamiya101.com/a...ission.asp

Re: Manotas's vintage Bruiser restoration 11 years 3 months ago #17552

Hi Zeeplin,

Sorry for responding that late !
Thank you for the information, at the time i worked on my transmission i didn't had that manual.

I'm actually working on my own one as the manual on the link only recomends to replace the 1150 bearings and i replaced all of them. The most important thing is that you keep the clearance between the gears after replacing the bronze bushing with the bearings. This can esily be done by using 0.5mm / 1mm shims.
BTW excellent work creating this manual ! Amazing :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thanks again
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Last edit: by Manotas.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.