Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68176

First, a look which will better integrate with the Marui Hunter/Galaxy gearbox covers design...

Next is... going to be difficult :-)

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68177

And some time later, it looks like this

This time, I get the look, and the intended fonctions...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68183

Nice job.

Adding the ribs helps break up a boring flat surface. And should also add some extra strength  
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68187

As per my experience, I don't think it will be useful add extra strength:
  • The final version will be printed in PETG, which adds some flex
  • I'll set the infill to 100% for the final print
  • the section is at least 3 mm by 4 mm, which is quite strong with 100% infill (nb : on the Super Hotshot front Led bucket holder, 100% infill + 3 mm section is enough, and my strong test session with multiple barrel rolls did not succeed to break the part)...
Further, with the below part being around the tube, it will be now possible to add material to repair the tube itself with less risk for them to break...

I'm still due to print a sample in PLA (I'll print all the PETG Marui parts before I start the builds), as I'd like to be able to verify everything is fine before publishing the parts, which would also allow for pics. If everything is fine, I may publish some parts today or tomorrow in Thingiverse...

Edit: Impression in progress

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68199

Printed with settings to make it quick. The print is not perfect, but for a test, that is making it.

Dimensions are fine, but the place where there was contact with the supports makes it slightly difficult to engage... I will need to review the top of the part to reduce the thickness, as looking at some pictures provided by Optimaforever (the guy who has designed the gearbox cover including reinforcement of the shock towers), there won't be enough room to fit both parts. I need to reduce the thickness to 3 mm, potentially 2 (A package with those parts, bumpers and roll bar is on the way)...

All that said, it is still quite promising. I may need to find out how to remove support in a specific area of the print  (this is something I never done before). With each new attempt come new learnings.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68205

Published some parts today on thingiverse
www.thingiverse...le/designs

The last one, the bumper fixation reinforcement, still require work. I may also have to modify the first part I published as well, so they can work together (today, it's either one or the other)...
In short, more thinking, more work :)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68212

The first part I published on Thingiverse has been modified so the shock tower brace wich enclose the shock tower should now work with the rear bumper fixation reinforcement. I also modified this one for two reasons:
  • its height over the rear bumper was too high to work with my shock tower brace
  • its height over the rear bumper was too high to work with The Optima House gearbox cover including shock tower (I have those incoming in a package, and I'm trying to anticipate this).
A print if in progress, with high quality settings and PETG, and with an orientation allowing to reduce the requirement of supports in some key areas, and I should be able to review the results in the evening...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68215

Some small hints about the parts and it's definition while my son asked me how I did it

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68219

Some very simple parts to refix a wing while the body shell and wing holes have been damaged...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68229

Few printed parts incoming straight from "The Optima House"

Beside the body shell, that is completing my quest for the 3 Marui Hunter chassis....

And while the reviewed part did print properly as there was a filament jam (need to replace the nozzle), I decided to test the parts with the first print I did...

Accordingly to his test, I can already confirm V2 will be compatible with the parts from "The Optima House". The compliant part will be in published in Thingiverse within the week.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001, Ducksnuts

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.