Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68279

...Maybe I should remove the active "Marui Hunter or Galaxy" search on few websites :-)

nah, now you need to get the Red RS Galaxy!

You mean THE Galaxy, the one unfindable with a Black Marui 360RS Mabuchi 550 motor...
I missed out a bargain earlier in August on one of the ebay group with the Red and the Blue RS because I lost connection just at the wrong moment... But that would have spoiled a lot of fun: they were newly built and unrun... 

The Red Galaxy was probably sold in very small limited quantity, something like 1/10 on the overall Galaxy sold... As per what I can see on the different sites I went thru and all the used car I saw over the last 9 months, it seems as rare as the Marui Shogun... 

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68281

Some years ago, shogun and galaxy were very cheap. Like the mrc sandmaster and Santana.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 7 months ago #68308

Just a bit addicted Silvertriple
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68510

Today, I ordered online prints for some of the Marui parts I need for the project.

I think I found a way to get the prints in Nylon PA12 quite cheap. The initial price of each parts was about 15 euro (taxes not included) each or 13 each if there is more parts.
I read somewhere that the print was actually priced based on the volume taken by the print. And I know that MJF doesn't require any support. What about putting my parts in a box with holes so I can get all the parts together in one print. I created a box in Tinkercad with holes, added the parts inside, making sure than non is touching the box or another parts, and let's see.

Bingo, it seems that it works. I added a small recess of .25 mm on the top of the box to facilitate its opening, and resubmitted for quotation. The price is around 46 euros before taxes and shipment (was more than 120 before I found this trick, and added some parts inside the box with a marginal raise of the price).

Order is done. Included 6 idle gears, 4 bumper reinforcements, 2 sway bars links for Turbo Optima (I have a sway bar that I could eventually mount on the Javelin), and two front led supports, Shipment of the parts will happen by mid October.

Let's see how it goes, I will let you know...

edit: by curiosity, added all the files separately without the box : 182€ down to 46 before taxes, thanks to the box
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68511

Malin👍👍👍
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68652

After having prepared some boxes to get into a place where they don't fill project place, time to re-start something. I want to be able to move forward the Marui Hunter / Galaxy project, at least partly before starting something else (and I need to do that, as otherwise, I won't be able to do my next order (the one for Santa, as my domestic dragon :-) won't allow me to get more kits if the current have not progressed enough.

Among the 6 chassis I got, I still have a broken Hunter to finish to unbuild (the transmission is in and intact, and it seems that the front end is also perfect). And there is the Galaxy I received recently which I'll need to unbuild as well. While my wife was doing some stuff at the poney club this afternoon, that was perfect time for me to use the table to do some work.

First I started by unbuilding the last broken Hunter I received. That makes a first set of parts which I'll need to clean.

Next I started to unbuild the Galaxy RS, as I have no idea of the state of the internals of the machine, except it is full of grease...
I started by the roll cage, the super structure and the pilot.The pilot is in bad shape, it will require some work from the doctor...

At the end of the unbuild, while the gearbox was really full of grease, I can say that the chassis is in good state with no structural damage.

I still need a way to remove the battery support, as the screw heads weer damaged.

At the end I got a big state of parts

Only one part beside the pilot is damaged, but I have already the replacement. It is complete, except I have doubts on the screws. The two rear tires are dead, but the front one are in unexpected good state.

I will put all the metal parts to soak in WD40 while I'll use white spirit on the plastic part to clean them.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68672

Cleaning work status: Got a full bin of parts cleaned. I have enough spares for the parts which are actually damaged (there are some, and cracks or defaults are easier to spot once they are clean).On the Galaxy RS, the main remaining work is about cleaning the Chassis, superstructure and roll cage. I still have to clean the metal parts of the two first Hunters I dismantled. I'll get them in WD40 bath while cleaning the chassis or the roll cage...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68711

The printed box of part arrived today...

I just had to open the box to retrieve the parts

My strategy to reduce the cost of my printed parts succeed, and the impression are perfect...

And it goes perfectly with the other printed parts I received from "The Optima House"
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68714

Really impressed by the print
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 6 months ago #68724

awesome work, that came out really well!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.