Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68739

Cleaning operations status:  Galaxy RS  Chassis, superstructure and roll cage cleaned

Still left to do:
- Galaxy RS shocks cleaning
- wheels (all of them, almost, considering that when I'll need wheels, it is because i'll have progressed a lot :)
- Motors (again, same reason as for the wheels)

That's very encouraging as I can see the end of cleaning ops soon!

I need to find proper joints for the shocks. I'm considering all of them dead. I need to identify the proper size (maybe Tamiya ones would fit) for inside the shocks and for the Marui Hunter shock closing joint... I will take some measurement later today for this...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68741

Nice job! Looking good 
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68743

Shiny galaxy.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68900

This morning, I started operations with an almost empty table...

And then I started to put the chassis to organize my sorting activities

And here is the table at the end of the sorting operations...

The whole set of parts which will be mounted on each chassis has been put in the area of the associated chassis. Two of the black chassis will be built with Hunter specs. With each chassis, there is a bin with the specific parts. Screws, spacers, washers and bushings have not been sorted by chassis (one bin for all screws, one bin for the rest)...

At the end of the sorting, the conclusion is that I have almost whatever is needed to build a third chassis : missing a body mount and damper, pivot and links (or two dampers if I mount it on Galaxy specs). I was having the doubt, but I can confirm now...

Few things remain to find :
- a wing for the Galaxy RS and to be perfect another one for the Hunter (I will order thru TBG for this)
- A radio box eventually, although my son would say it's not needed
- 2 drivers and a heard (if I do not succeed to repair the facial trauma of the driver head I got with the Galaxy RS)
- 2 complete bodies (or 3) for Hunter. I will wait TBG to repair the mould for this. 
- one set of tires for the third Hunter (I can rely on Tamiya as the Hornet tires seems to correspond. worst case scenario, I'll use rims and drivers as well).

Only thing left is to finish the clean up (still some part requires it) and start the first kit build :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68902

Bonus points for the chirality, but using pots for small parts is cheating, a lot of locations aren't mirrored, most part aren't square, and neither are your photos.

Knolling score 4 out of 10: must try harder.

;) 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68907

Jonny, I agree, this is a badword picture :-D 
The facts are :
- the table is not big enough to hold the content of four kits together is a properly organized manner. I would have needed a second one, but then I would have an issue to turn around the table to place those. And outside, it was not an option.
- for the pots, I took what I had as I have those going to storage next, except the one I'll build today
- and for the picture quality (I'm not perfectly centered in on top of the table), again, I did with what I have: there was no way to get the table closer to the stair, and resize it to get the table square would have added artefacts... It would have been probably worse. It is not exactly how I envisioned this picture when I started the project :-)

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture, I'll try to do better when I'll build each of the kits :-D 

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68909

Looks like you are ready to dive in Marc!! Nice!! 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68914

Almost going to start build for Hunter 1. This will allow me to get the measurements for all spacer rights (as they are with the NIP parts. I have a aluminium tube for what needs to be recreated, as I'm quite sure I'm missing some : sometimes people have not mounted them when building their cars).

I've quickly look at the tires and the internal sleeve. I quite remember it was the most difficult part of the build: it is even more complicated than for the GH/Hornet likes on which the internal sleeve got some additional features easing the insertion in the tire... I'll keep this for the end :)

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68938

Rome never built in one day :)

Extracted the small parts for one build from the small parts bins...
And started to lay out all the parts on the operation table...

Before starting to build anything, I wanted to check a few things, and already encountered an issue: the idle shaft diameter is 3.05 millimeter, and I can't pass it in the 3 mm diameter bearings. Need to find a proper way to reduce the idle shaft diameter to 3.00 millimeters... Time to think again!
In the meantime, I mounted the rear shocks and the front springs.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 5 months ago #68943

Chuck the shaft in your drill and use sandpaper or file to sand down to correct diameter 

The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.