Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66074

At least it is what I found looking at part lists on a German website which is generally quite right on this...

And Tamiyabase confirms :-D
19225151 - Tamiya parts database - TamiyaBase.com
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66075

I didn't look when my dad built is bigwig. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66083

And this arrived today

It has the rollbar, motor and mount, gear covers (with some holes and damage), and gearing, apparently ok, and a differential in good state.
Plus a body, paint from outside, and some other elements. Tires are dead, but wheels and rear hubs are in good state. plus some elements are ok. The chassis itself has been clearly damaged...

Have to decide what I'm doing now got two proposals for hunter(s) and parts, and need to decide if it is worth taking or not. Have the night to think about it. On one hand, I have most of the parts to do something although there is still missing
  • servo saver and servo mount,but I can pick on the remains of some Tamiya's clusters and one of the spare servo saver I have just in case)
  • radio box cover
  • driver
  • fog lights
At least on all the proposed hunters radio box cover and driver are missing. So in short, won't solve the problem, but would be good sources for parts... Not sure what I'll do. Night is supposed to be a good advisor. That sounds like a plan again.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66084

Yeahhh it looks very nice.  At your place, I will take the other hunter to have spare parts and to have the ability to have a nice shelf queen.
all depending of the price and your budget. Don't forget that it is your madeleine de proust. ;)
And I want to see a topic about this marui....
for the body you can try to use lidl nail polish remover without aceton. Or eau ecarlate. ( I tried a 3M surface cleaner wich smelt exactly like eau ecarlate and it remove all the green paint on my lunch body)
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66085

The conception looks like the sand rover / holiday buggy one.... 

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66086

For the rear side, yes it does. kind of copycat, somehow. I was thinking you would get in the trap when I said about the rear camber to tease it :-D

That being said, the front suspension was probably innovative in r/c. Example directly taken from the Formula 1 of that period. In terms of geometry it was good. In terms of design with inboard springs, it was genius. And it was very directive too... And solid as well. From how my Hunter was abused, I can tell the front suspension was rock solid. in terms of weight balance, when it jumped front was always landing first... Maybe thanks to this that I did not break the shock tower. I never changed that weight balance. It was fine for me...

Now one or two is the question... I will see. I need time to think :-D

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66087

Like the lunchy 1 isn't enough. Nor2 nor 3...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66088

Well. That is call an addiction :-D

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66140

Unbuilt the broken chassis (the last one received)

Some parts are in better state than expected, some in worst state than expected. The other one needs cleaning, but for what is mounted on it, it seems in much better shape (I did not unbuilt yet, and do not think I'll do it right now).

At least, I have now a better view of my main issue: the idle gear 20T-48T is apparently in mod 0.6 (to be confirmed - smaller than 0.8 is a certainty as I checked with a DT03 pinion which is 0.8)
Here is the measurements for the idle gear

This parts is now very rare. There was one remaining the day I found the chassis on ebay, and I didn't buy it unfortunately (Marui 024 - Pinion gear set, generally includes the 3 pinions size, the idle gear, idle shaft and spacer. The bad news is also that with the closet inspection, the gear is much more worn than I initially expected (there is even a broken tooth on the biggest side).

To complement the data, I also measured the differential:

With those elements in mind that should allow to consider different option
  • Idle gear with 20T-"something close to 48"T being the easiest option, as it doesn't require to change everything. Any other manufacture option could do it:
  • changing the couple of Idle gear and differential with some other parts that use the same axle distance.
On the first option, I started to search and found that some Ricoh copier are using a 20T-50T gear. Luckily, it is not expensive, so I ordered some to experiment. I believe this could be an easy option as the motor mount was thought with different pinion size, and therefore the motor can be set on different postions (and continuous ones rather than discrete ones)...

Time will tell about the solutions. If you have any ideas or options I did not thought about, please speak :-D

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66142

Maybe a idler gear from a M chassis could work.
Or a TL01 one that needs to be shortned?

I have TL01 ones I could measure..

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.