Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 1 year 9 months ago #71984

While my son did not even built his Galaxy RS yet as the plan was slightly delayed by an onroad event, I must recognize I may have some sort of weakness. While some other are buying rc10s or Sand Scorchers, I could help but buying another Marui Galaxy

It's complete, and in very nice state. 

Few elements will require work, but new roll cage, tires, stickers (original sheet) and few additional parts (i'll have to do a full inventory to understand what is there, but there is clearly some additional parts)... 
I will have to see which one is going to be my Galaxy runner between the two I'm having now (yes, one of the two red will be a runner - in Belley, when the car was on the table, I was quite tempted to get it running, and I didn't because I did not have proper tires for that)...

But I really need to stop looking at those Marui Hunter and Galaxy on sales group and ads :-)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 1 year 9 months ago #71988

You should be the biggest french galaxy owner😂😂😂

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 1 year 8 months ago #72347

Pursuing my target to model all tires from Marui range

One additional set is done.

And since I love to spread the Galaxy love as well, the other face is different 

The front tire should not be that expensive to print in MJF rubber like to do some test on the wall thickness and to adjust it to find the sweet spot...
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75201

A Marui Hunter is a must have for this season's vintage events... And I do not want to use the first car I restore for this. As I want to be able to run the car without thinking about the risks of breaking a chassis... My solution for this is to use a broken chassis :-).  I took the original chassis from the Galaxy when it arrived, with broken shock towers. I glued them back when it arrived, thinking that it would be good enough to build a Ga(laxy-Hu)nter with a Optima House combine gear cover / motor cover. There was a few parts requiring still a bit of cleaning, I did run my ultrasonic cleaner for that and then it was build time...

I will just put pictures as the previous builds were already heavily documented in this thread...

I did put my own gear set in the chassis, as the target is to use this car as a test car...

I had to adapt the shaft so I can put the idle gear on bearings...

While fixing the motor mount, one of the pilar broke... I suspected it could happened, and did not worried at all... I went to my laptop, got the stl I uploaded in the past in Thingiverse, put an ABS roll on the printer and just printed it, put it in place, a bit of acetone on the brokent surface of the broken pilar and it's good to go :-)

Optima House shock towers, my led holders (the car will run with leds :-) )

The full black look is going to be nice :)

Next steps tomorrow...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75203

My eyes opened early this morning. After the breakfast, I started right away the operations...

First I installed ESC and rear leds (the front will be installed in the spotlights on the bodyshell so I planned for a plug near the roll bar...

And this is the rear view...

I then added the wheels, and worked on the bodyshell...

I did test quickly the chassis setup, and it seems there is too much lateral play for the small bevel gears.  It can run but there is some skip in the differential, and it's imperfect... I know exactly where the problems are and I will review the design accordingly, and I'll need to get another gearset done urgently...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75211

I did some masking in the afternoon... I like the results when there is multiple colors but it is always time consuming... Much more than the paint itself...

And then I did the paint... This car maybe box art, at very few exceptions. Had to think about it, actually...

After this I need to take care of the driver. I have some repro Samurai/Ninja/Shogun, and I really like them, but I could also use a Hunter driver more conform to the original, although it is resin molded... Time will tell :)
The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75212

Use a playmobil or a wwf catch manequin for the head it's a runner.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75216

looking good! I see you have original tires on there, so no luck yet with printing more tires?

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75218

looking good! I see you have original tires on there, so no luck yet with printing more tires?

I got some feedback from the resin manufacturer to add some pillars between the internal rings of the tire, and I will retry at some point... I was expecting to have those printed tires for the vintage events, but it seems it won't be the case as my planning is too tight. The time spent to do testing on the 3D print area meant it was loss of time of build, and I have a few cars to finish for those... Focus is now on builds and if I succeed to get everything done, I'll try to print another set of tires :). And by the way, those original tires is the only set I have which is in run state...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 11 months 2 weeks ago #75222

Today was a bit run time with my son in the morning and with my daughter in the afternoon. In between I spent some time to finish my Hunter...

First it was about assembling the bodyshell and connect the leds... You may note the driver. I had that driver (printed from a scan I can't share) painted already, and thought it would go nicely with this car. For the led, it was mainly to solder the wires together and add a plug at the end...

Then, there was the stickering time. The stickers are some reproduction home made by yogi-bear, and I felt that was a duty to feature them on this Hunter, except the sizing which is a bit small, these are very nice quality and easy to work with...

And some family picture with both Hunters...

The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, stingray-63

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.