Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66143

Or the smallest ta02 one
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66144

Well I'll look forward for your measurements, Richard.

In the meantime, I had a talk as well with my brother who gave me another idea, but it may be totally irrealistic for many reason: changing the diff with pulley gear and use a pulley gear for the motor itself. Had some thought about it, it may work, it is not nice, but would require a diff which I can adapt for the axles... That being said, that would likely remove some of the issues of the chassis, but would be likely to create other problems; motor torque apart...

I finally decide to order some parts on Shapeways, as I would like to test some ideas to reinforce the shock towers. The shop has two version of the idle gear for the Hunter (one with buckets for ball bearing 3/8/3) and one without. I ordered one to test as well. The shop is here : Alien8 by rwxr - Shapeways Shops
It may be of use as well for your Big Bear, as he has some parts as well (and for other Marui cars as well).

I have other parts incoming likely on Tuesday or Wednesday next week. If I count the printed parts, and what's incoming, I should have everything needed for a rebuild of the chassis soon enough... That doesn't mean I'll do it right away, I'm still looking for original parts options and for the idle gear, I have little confidence in 3D parts, so i'm still looking for alternatives...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66146

The puley idea is not idiot. Take an eye on the MRC (french brand) bullit. It was power by O rings and pulleys. That worked fine

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66147

TLT used TA04 diff, which is belt driven.
I have that as well I could measure.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66159

Still looking for the ideal part...
Tamiya Speedgetriebe TL-01 Modul 0,6 #53342 (tamico.de)

Is there someone having this that could measure it and also indicate the number of teeth on the long gear (from the picture, it is difficult to see, but;..)?
Richard, is it the one you were thinking about?

Thanks
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66182

I have those speed gears as well.

The one I was thinking of is the one to the right in the back row in this picture.
i.ebayimg.com/i...s-l500.jpg

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66183

Richard,

That would be great if you could measure the two, actually, and indicate the number of teeth on both small and bigger gear of those parts. From the image I have some difficulties to see, it maybe very well 20 or 21 teeth. basically if it is 20, it's an option for my case, if not, it's not an option, as I doubt I can move the idle shaft location without major structural changes (may be possible but complex - i'm still thinking about this as well)...

By the way, someone routed me to some old Marui catalog on another forum, thought it might be of use...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66184

I'll get my caliper out tomorrow after my errands 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66244

As said the other day, a full cluster of parts arrived.

Other parts followed yesterday

Funny things how having a full cluster on the table 35+ years after reminds few things.
  • First, there is parts on this cluster I did not used when I mounted the Marui Hunter. That is what I said the other day this got me thinking
  • Second, I know the cluster delivered with the Galaxy/Galaxy RS is slightly different : Front Bumper is different (only front bumper is different).
  • But even on the Galaxy/Galaxy RS, the same parts remain unused. I was not hundred 100% sure so I went to download section, and checked the manual of both cars (thanks tamiyabase :-)): and confirmed it
  • Then I also saw that the Galaxy/Galaxy RS was delivered with the same clusters (minus the front bumper difference) and additional ones. And in the unused parts of the Galaxy/Galaxy RS, there would be the radio box cover, the roll bar, the body mount and the fog lights of the Hunter
  • That doesn't solve anything to the mistery of the additional parts in the Hunter cluster... The thing is the suspension rear links where not in any cluster, as well as the triangles that link those with the damper and the shock towers. and if I count the remaining unused parts and look at them, I believe they initially planned for different suspensions for both Hunter and Galaxy, likely with springs only, probably at a lower price point)...
Additional elements I learned during this last month thanks to my search and to some press articles found on rc-paper.com (in french for most): When they released the Hunter first, the chassis was having rounded shock towers. That didn't last long, as it changed when the Galaxy was released: there shock towers were then square to support the shock tower extensions for the Galaxy dampers. The new iteration of the chassis also featured to additional holes for the Galaxy roll cage stays. But the color remained grey for the Hunter while it was black for the Galaxy...

Anycase, I'm not sure anyone is interested in this, but wanted to share this. And by the way, did you know there was possibly two iterations of the big bear? (read it somewhere, I will still need to find further elements on this, as at this stage, I'm not 100% convinced :-)...

A+
Marc - with a brain full of questions :-D

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 11 months ago #66247

Avante egress diffs are small. And madcap, kingcab astute diffs to. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.