Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66554

If the screws are 2.85mm they are 4-40.
Loads of american kits used to use 4-40 stuff.

You may look at the measurement in the previous post :-)
Reminder : we are speaking about a Japanese branded kit. :-D, likely highly inspired from the likes of Tamiya (as already mentioned in this thread about its similarities for the rear conception with the Tamiya's Holiday buggy.
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66558

Did you try to search in the guide le chevalier ?
I offered mine to a friend who lost all his tools in a flood. 

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66580

Finally found some screws on Bricovis (Thanks Flo for the hint) site that are apparently designed for plastic application. They are tapping screws, they look like the one from Marui, except the color, and the head exists in both Philips and Pozidrive. Ordered what was needed to build at least one Hunter. Will decide if I go for a second order once I have checked correspondance with original screws. I will check for the spacers during the parts cleaning process (but I know where to find some (rs-online)).

On the part sourcing, few parts are on the way. I assume I will still miss roll bars and bodyshells, but this will be for later. And maybe I can rely on 3D printing for the roll bars: 3D Printer is targeted for delivery on Saturday...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66584

Other option could be Traxxas.
My lhs carry Traxxas and can order most of the parts if they don't have it in stock.
They can also order Tamiya stuff but they tend to be expensive by the time you pick them up.

2682 3x8 Self Tapper Screw Phillips
2675 3x10 Self Tapper Screw Phillips
2676 3x12 Self Tapper Screw Phillips

Traxxas also sell some they call washerhead if you need a bit more surface area than just the screw head size itself.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66604

New series of deliveries this week Some NIPs:
  • Rear wheels
  • Pinion gear set (and an Idle gear). May be I should have ordered 2
  • Universal Join
  • Differential
Other parts in cluster : brand new radio box cover an gear box coversAnother Motor Mount and some screws.Still on the way : other screws and a NIP damper.I should have everything to rebuild 3 Hunters, at the exception of the roll bar, rear bumper, and radio box cover, pilot and body shells and missing servo saver for one. I'll order some parts on Shapeways to complete the third Hunter, and will rely on a Tamiya servo saver for the third Hunter.On the body shell side, I did not start the cleaning. Attempt is for this week-end, as well as the cleaning of the chassis. That may take a bit of time, especially considering I may be tempted to play with the 3D printer when it arrives tomorrow

PS: there are 3 groups on Facebook with Marui R/C cars, and they are great places to find parts...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66674

Did play a bit with the printer (ok, that was more than a bit). Got some prints done, but that was a journey. Got back to Hunter activities later today. Bodies went to green H E Double Hockey Sticks around 16:30. Glanzer is a very good product for this. Less than 2 hours after, here is the white/blue body It will be longer for the red body, but it is promising... The one who gave the trick said 24 hours to 48 hours. It looks in good path, even on the red one. I'm not sure I'll be able to do something with the red one as the wing holes are too big, but with the 3D printer, I should be able to solve this... :-D

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: "swearing", apparently :whistle:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66675

Put a cover on the soup to keep vapors. 

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66676

... H E Double Hockey Sticks ....

You triggered the badword filter :silly:, so I FTFY :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66677

I'm not sure why it is a bad word in this context... And for racing cars, green+"that  bad word" means Nordschleife, and it is probably one of the greatest track ever...

That said, I'll try to avoid that word in the future... Sorry, my mistake :-D

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66678

I could do with some of that green stuff over here. I got 2 hornet shells to strip. We don't have it here though. 
Regards

Lee

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.