Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66680

We might have something similar type of cleaning thingy, but I don't know.

What is that type of cleaning used for and what stuff is it made of?

Looks like it really do work.
Some rounds with q-tips should help with the progress 
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66682

Glanzer guys. Available on amazon
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66684

Stopped the process for now. I'm not sure I will be able to take care of this tomorrow within the day.

About 6 hours partial bath. There was not enough product. I should have more tomorrow to do a full bath. I filtered the glanzer, put back within bottles but with loss. 1/3 of the 2 liters is gone... probably on the ground, another part by evaporation.

Tomorrow : full bath for a night, for the rest, and for the driver figure. We'll see what come out of this, but it is promising. Not sure the stickers will survive to the green "the word we can't write" :-), but it will be interesting. If they survive and the body is in good shape, I might keep it unpaint for the shelve...

For the small story, my original Hunter was badly painted. I did paint white and black, but there was a reaction between the paints. And it sticked. My father tried many methods but did not succeed to save it. ultimately, I paint over the body, with silver and sticked the decals on it... I believe Glanzer would have eventually saved my Hunter body,..
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66700

Got more Glanzer delivered today in the afternoon while I was in meetings (why it is always happening this way?). Decided to launch another bath (full bath this time) for the two bodies and the driver figure.  Put the filtered glanzer and additional ones in the bin.

While doing this, I was thinking to the end of this exercise as the filtering was quite diffficult. Searched on thingiverse to find a funnel with integrated filtration to print, and launched the 3D print, and ordered tea infusion buckets (English men won't like it, but hey, I'm french, and I don't take much tea, and this will have a practical use).

In the meantime, the driver head is already clean...

Will let the bath goes till later tonight, when I'll decide if I make it longer or stop it. in any case, I will have to wait the print ending and as well the delivery of the tea buckets I'll de-assemble to make the filtering... Sounds like a plan!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66701

Some time later, the driver body is clean  Body shells are kept in the bath for the night. Next update tomorrow...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66703

Nicer than out of box. :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66767

Not much being done yesterday and today, as the work is huge on the office side until the end of the week. I had a look at the bodies, it's better, but will have to rub the remaining paint (mainly on the bottom of the bodies). I'll do this tomorrow. I'll also filter the Glanzer before using some to clean the chassis.I'm still asking what to do with the reinforced Nylon in terms of cleaning. Possibly white spirit. I'll see tomorrow on Saturday morning. By end of the week-end I should have a better visibility on where I am with this project...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66770

I clean my gearboxes and nylon gears with white spirit. It works well with a nylon brush. 

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66816

Body shells status

Bath lasted 72 hours. I got an awful work day yesterday, and did not had the time to take care of it earlier, and it was almost the same on Thursday.
I did not have too much hope initially for the red one which was painted from outside. It will have to be painted from outside apparently.
The blue one is in much better shape, but there is still some blue traces here and there... And the stickers suffered from the long bath. It's in better shape than expected, but I'm not sure what I do with those. On the body itself, i will try to remove the remaining blue traces with paint killer and with a knife...

Let's see where it goes...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66820

Paint killer did the job and helped me to finish it. The bottom of the body will require recut, but it was cut lower than the cut line. Not sure what I do with the stickers, some are quite damaged.

The detail examination of the second body shell shows traces of repair, it must be painted from outside anyway and in any case, wing and body can't be attached together without some inventive solution... I will find a way.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.