Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66822

MCI make Hunter decals.

That stuff looks like it is really working.

I heard the same for "grønnsåpe" in norwegian. Model builders use that for their plastic builds.
Going to try that later as I can get a bottle of the cheap stuff at £1.30 for a 1.5l bottle.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66823

MCI make Hunter decals.

That stuff looks like it is really working.

I heard the same for "grønnsåpe" in norwegian. Model builders use that for their plastic builds.
Going to try that later as I can get a bottle of the cheap stuff at £1.30 for a 1.5l bottle.

Thanks for the MCI Racing hints, Flo did the same. I also see they propose windows mask for TBG bodies...
Also know that TBG is usually doing Hunter body shell as well. The thing is the second one is not on ebay currently (there is a return date announced, but it has been moved multiple times already. Heard some people mentioning issues in polycarbonate sourcing...  I keep that in note for later. Before this, I would like to build the chassis and know exactly what I need, as I would rather do one order than multiple to save shipment costs...

For the Glanzer, it works. It includes ammonia, but i'm not sure it is the only component. I had to use about 7 liters of this to get full bodies immersion. I filtered it once finished to remove most of the paint remains (for this I used a tea filter inserted in a funnel which is in 2 parts I found on ebay. I'm happy with the result as it allows to work alone to empty the bucket)..In terms of costs, the glanzer is quite cheap. I've looked at other options based on what I found here and there, and it was by far the less expansive option. That being said, I do have the assumption this product name is specific to France, and it may be found under another name anywhere else (if you search for it on amazon UK instead of France, you get a look alike botte with another brand as alternative, as Glanzer can't be delivered in UK, and similar thing happens with another name in Germany, you may have to try that as well :) )...

Next steps :
  • design a reinforcement for shock towers (now that I have a 3D Printer, it is just matter of having the right measurements, which is exactly what I'm doing now.
  • chassis and parts cleaning
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66825

Now that I have a 3D printer, my intention is to use it ...

Exporting the STL right now, and will print it right away to check the measurements. I should see result this afternoon.

I've changed the motherboard of the printer for a silent one so I'm not bothered by the noise and print can be done anytime (a tire is about 28 hours print if I believe Cura slicer, taking into consideration at least 2 tires are needed plus the sleeves, it will take about 3 days print... No way I could do this without the change of motherboard with the printer under my desk...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66827

After the test print, I checked with the chassis...

The gearbox cover is not symmetrical, I need to review the recess on the left side, while it is useless on the right side
    holes for the links fixation are not very far off
Modified my work in Fusion360 to take those elements into account...

Print is in progress, results later...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66828

Very thin prints. Nice work. :y:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66831

After a few adjustments (to reduce the width of the inserts going into the shock towers), here is the result:

Fit is perfect... Only thing left is to use another material to print the definitive parts.

And I'll check as well how a Galaxy rear end is made to confirm it is applicable as well for a Galaxy...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66833

Niiiice

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66835

And I just checked, it seems it goes exactly where it need so the body shell can be mounted without modifications...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66836

Yessss! :y:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 years 10 months ago #66843

Great work silvertriple. Just learning the basics of fusion 360. It's got to many great features and ways of designing things, I can't wait to be good enough to design some parts. Are you familiar with 360 or any cad software or learning as you go? 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.