Keyword

TOPIC:

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 9 months ago #66955

Pretty sure someone on here had one but I can't find it :(

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 9 months ago #66956

Not me
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 9 months ago #66957

Nor me,
How long ago? I've been here a while and don't remember seeing any posts.
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 9 months ago #66958

Seems like the sort of thing I would have.  Yet I don't.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 9 months ago #66959

A member posts it. Maybe bryan but not sure.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 7 months ago #67677

I got two of these in the end :)

First was a slightly used one resprayed blue, bought with the idea of discarding the body & making a Lunchbox low rider. Options were a rusty snotter from the well used body from the Lunchbox that became half of my Maz 535, on the new body from the donor to my ongoing Mod Tractor project.

If the latter, decal sets I have are for the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine, Stranger Things Hawkins Power & Light van, Vanessa's Lunchbox itself, or the Cannon Ball Run Ambulance. TBH the Ambulance is front runner, but I don't have to make my mind up quite yet.

The donor - cab is blue over yellow plastic I think, bed it blue over red over silver over the white plastic, and an area of sticker goo where all the paint scraped off with a thumbnail :S  The headlamp surround & lenses are the only part I might want to keep, but I might try the whole body on eBay before binning it ...

Body removed:

Mismatch between Lunchbox & chassis wheelbase (chassis is 190mm wheelbase, track 121mm, width 136mm;  Lunchbox wheelbase is 204mm, 139mm between arches):

Attachments:

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 7 months ago #67678

The chassis needs a 14mm stretch - so I cut it on the flat bit ahead of the rear suspension & made extension plugs from 2mm and 3mm sheet + 3mm strip. M3 screws & nuts are there to strengthen the joints, plus one end of the left side didn't want to bond that well for some reason ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 7 months ago #67679

Should have added that the spare wheel, battery holder panel & end of the frame had to go, to accommodate the back of the lunchbox body.

Wheelbase is now correct :) I've glued in tapering plugs of ABS to fill the unwanted holes in the body, lots of grinding/sanding to do there once it's all cured/hard again.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Samiya, silvertriple, jord001

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 7 months ago #67682

It looks fine. I vote for the ambulance. 

Lunchbox lowrider on WPL D12 Kei Truck (Suzuki Carry) chassis 2 years 7 months ago #67687

I think the ambulance could be a winner  :)   

Regards

Lee
Attachments:

Last edit: by jord001.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.