Keyword

TOPIC:

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68588

Received today the famous optional brushless blue spur gear OTW126

51T vers 61T, that makes a lot of difference.

For information, both Javelin and the Turbo Optima are including a 25T pinion and the 61T spur gear.

The 51T brushless spur gear came with another gearing chart.

I did some calculation to identify what would be the proper gearing ratio for both the Javelin (13.5T - supposedly around 7) and the Turbo Optima (10.5T supposedly around 8).

I have 48dp pinions from 20T to 30T available, and will check the highlighted yellow elements, likely for short 3-5 minutes runs and temperature measure with a infrared thermometer... And will decide what to do next. But definitely not today, as the weather is terrible outside... And definitely, the motor will find it's place easily with the smaller spur gear (no problems anymore with the contact tabs slightly exposed to the motor guard...

I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68628

Time to call it done.

The motor was connected this morning. And this afternoon, I took care of the finition and the stickers. Some of the stickers are coming from the kit, and some have been prepared by myself (either because what is within the kit are not white, either because I wanted something else than what came in the kit.

And here is the (almost) final result...

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68635

A small modification with Molotov Liquid Chrome pen in the evening, because, that looks like it is made for this...

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68726

Finally tested the updated part for the front led with the Turbo Optima sway bar and it works... (It's published it on Thingiverse, in case you search for it: www.thingiverse...ng:4938849 )

And while I was ordering my prints for the Marui Hunter, I also included replacement parts for the sway bar attachement (the design was pretty straight forward, it went untested to final print). I tested the parts and they work perfectly (they are on the picture with the other part. I will publish those parts at some point, but I want to complete this with a few other parts. I will also work out a steering link part as I saw some mentioning it breaks sometime. MJF PA12 print should work perfectly for this purpose...

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68733

The parts mentioned earlier are here :  Kyosho Optiima parts by silvertriple - Thingiverse  
Very straight forward to add a different length of link once you have the same ball at both ends... It took me about 30 seconds to do it.

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68736

You're one of the guys who make evolve the rc. 👏
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, jord001

Kyosho Turbo Optima Legendary series - 30619 2 years 6 months ago #68806

Finally, the Turbo Optima made its first run today in the garden. I could have done it one the track, but where I was, there was a tremplin in the middle track with no possible shortcut, and I was not ready to get the first run of the Turbo Optima there due to this (I did not really succeed to pass it smoothly with both the Turbo Scorpion and the Javelin, and my friend broke a 1/8 car on it). So it was the garden at the end of the day. At the end of the run it was a bit dirty I did manage to check the temp of the motor in the middle of the run and it was quite cold. I believe that I can add some tooth on the motor pinion (not even one but more than this, and by the way the statement is similar for the Javelin - the recommended gearing for 10.5T or 13.5T motor I found on internet seems to be overly conservative).
Another statement : the sway bars present on the Turbo Optima are making a huge difference on curves on the garden slope. It is definitely easier to handle than the Javelin with no sway bar in those conditions...
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.